Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default adding voicemail icon and actually receiving voicemail notifications

Ok so this has been an issue since i had my lg spectrum and the os was upgraded to jellybean. I stopped receiving voicemail notifications all together. I would have to call my voicemail to see if i had any messages left for me, no alerts at the top of the phone, no beeps, no nothing. Same is with the GS5, I have no clue if anyone leaves me a voicemail on this phone. I get no alerts, no notifications, nothing. Also, when i first had hte phone the voicemail icon that came with the phone was all screwed p and when i pressed it, it would dial my phone and tell me the number cannot be completed as dialed. I would constantly change the voicemail number to the *86 over and over again but it would keep adding my cell number with the *86. So I deleted the icon and where ever else it was.

How can I get a new voicemail icon on the desktop?

How can I get the phone to alert me of voicemails left for me?

Lastly, is there a way to have the voicemail tell me when the message was actually left? I have no clue how old hte messages are when i listen to them.

Default Re: adding voicemail icon and actually receiving voicemail notifications

What carrier are you with?
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: adding voicemail icon and actually receiving voicemail notifications

sorry, verizon wireless.

I don't think I get voice mail notifications either. I'm wirh verizon and had an issue with my old lg flip phone with a voice mail notification staying permanently regardless of there not being any new voicemails. Then my HTC Rezound wouldn't notify me of voice mails. And now my S5 won't notify me either.

I haven't resolved the issue yet and haven't made a real effort to do so. Though one time I called about it, but didnt go through with trying their advice. I suggest you contact verizon tech support to help.
    Last edited by sdsubball23; 06-28-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Okay, I had the Verizon voicemail problem when I first got my phone.

It eventually turned out to be a configuration problem on Verizon's side of the issue.

The problem occurred because a Script Reader did not listen to me when I explained that I had used the "upgrade credit" for my daughter's phone and applied it to "my phone". So, in her all knowing innocence she applied all of the configuration settings for a LG Windows phone to my new Samsung S5.

Boy, what a mess that turned into. It took engineering support an hour to get it all fixed up again because she messed up both of our phones.

Long story to say that in my case, it was a VZW error that caused it.

After that 'long story', it took a couple of days for me to realize that voicemail is not working right.
    That resulted in another call to Tech Support.... sigh.... but it is fixed now.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON