Says SS USB 3.0 ports aren't fast enough [solved, I guess?]

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So I thought I was done ever seeing this popup balloon. I hadn't seen one since USB 2.0 took over from 1.1, but every time I plug my phone in it says "This device can perform faster". One my home and work PCs, using the USB 3.0 cable it came with, plugged into Super-Speed USB 3.0 ports, it always says it. It really doesn't transfer very fast, either.

Untitled.png

Why am I getting this message on multiple computers, when using the correct ports?

EDIT:
So I have to specifically enable it every time I plug it in to a PC, but it'll still complain about the speed even if it's plugged in to the proper port, and on top of that transferring data at that speed could interfere with data transmissions or phone calls? And it only cost me $600+? What a deal!

Is it so hard to just make your newest phone function on USB 3.0 normally, Samsung?

Screenshot_2014-06-28-09-58-58.jpg

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have Win7 Home Premium.

The PC installed the Samsung drivers and that was the last I ever saw of any popup.

I have SideSync installed and when I plug in the USB 3.0 cable to the phone, it always loads up SideSync. I find that kind of neat, and have discovered that if you don't need Sidesync, just leave it alone and minimize it.

You can do anything with the phone that you want.
I use Xplorer2 which has dual pane windows for file transfers to/fm the phone.

Kies 3.0 will work in tandem with both of the above programs just fine.

I make regular backups of the phone. You just never know when you need a good backup. Happened to me just yesterday, Play Store quit working. Restored from a month old backup and good to go.

Made a new backup as of today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad