A new S5 believer!

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well this is strange.. Normally I post on Crackberry but have migrates over here :)

After awhile with various blackberry devices ... Today i picked up an S5. And I have to say it is pretty awesome. Love the features. Searched the interweb to maximize my useage. So far so good.

Looking forward to seeing you all on here!

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You are going to be impressed with the Super AMOLED 1080p HD display and the great battery life. The S5 is truly a flagship phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Never mind the specs, display, battery, etc.

Launch the Play Store and go crazy with the apps! LOL

Get ready to spends hours on customizing your S5. This is the video that really got me into android, one of my favourites on YouTube!

ColdfusTion

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone :)

Don't get me wrong.. Blackberry was good for texting and emails. Lacking on apps and overall specs. I had both a z10 and a q5.

Been playing with this bad boy all day and still discovering new things.

Found some helpful articles online too. Lots of different customization options. Glad I went with this.. Almost picked up an iPhone 5S :p

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! Customize away!
Also it's water resistant... So no worries about dropping in water! You can even take underwater selfies at the pool... I have a few lol

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I know it was water resistant... That being said, I don't have any plans on taking this in the pool or dropping it in the toilet. I'm more using it as an 'Oops I got some rain water on it but don't have to worry'. :)

I've done what I can to minimize battery usage.... Got rid of bloatware, reduced the brightness... Dark colored screen (at least on the lock menu)... Found a tip about going into the Dev Options and reducing the animations (although I don't think that pertains to the battery, as much as it is for overall performance), no vibrate when I type.. All that sort of stuff.

My big questions is... Are these battery optimization apps effective / useful? I know I'm not going to get the 2-3 days of battery life I could with my Q5 and 1.5-2 days with my Z10. Just wanting to avoid the 8-10 hours of use I was getting with my old iPhone and my S3 when I had it a few years ago.

Thoughts?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The apps I would avoid for the time being. Let the battery settle in, and see how you use it before making those kind of changes.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Will do. Thanks.

I know my sister and her boyfriend (both got the S5 weeks ago) can get at least a full day on it with heavy use.. And they haven't done any sort of optimization on it. I'll see how much I get first.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Galaxy F a slight variant off the S5? Or maybe I mis-read an article I found online?

Yes, the F is a slight variant - better display (that your eyes can't notice), 3gb RAM, and probably a better battery.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the F is a slight variant - better display (that your eyes can't notice), 3gb RAM, and probably a better battery.

Better battery, huh? The S5 battery is pretty good.. Been on this all day and haven't hit 50%. Downloading a ton and been playing with it all day. No complaints on battery life. Although I'm sure a better battery would make this even better.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Well this is strange.. Normally I post on Crackberry but have migrates over here :)

After awhile with various blackberry devices ... Today i picked up an S5. And I have to say it is pretty awesome. Love the features. Searched the interweb to maximize my useage. So far so good.

Welcome to the Android Club! Specifically Samsung! <3 :))

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

It was also very strange for me. I was a diehard Crackberry user for the last 7 years. I got my s5 a week ago and am not looking back. Still am loving this badboy.

Downloaded Nova Launcher Prime and customized everything to my liking.

Welcome from a fellow Android Newbie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12