Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy S5 - Static Screen/won't turn on

Hi all,

For the past week or so my S5 has been very temperamental. It will be working fine, then randomly when I try to wake the screen it won't turn on (however the LED still works, as do the multitasking and back buttons). So thinking nothing of it I took out the battery then turned it back on. When I do this the screen will turn on but it will be static, I can hear the startup sound, but the screen won't work. After taking out the battery again, and again, and repeating this process nothing changed, so I decided to leave it for a while and try again later. After maybe an hour I tried again and it worked fine. But after a random amount of time (could be 5 mins, could be 12 hours) the screen won't wake and I have to repeat this process again.
    This happens at least twice a day now.

p.s. I did drop it a couple days before this started happening, however it was only from about a foot of the ground.

Any help appreciated

Default Re: Galaxy S5 - Static Screen/won't turn on

Hi there

I had this exact same issue with the exact same phone, eventually it wouldn't turn on once, just the static and blue notification light.

The problem I found out was a loose flex ribbon connecter (I have know idea).
    So I tried turning in on while holding down fairly hardly the spot they're at, which is just under the heart rate sensor area. The phone booted up fine but as soon as I let go it turned to static.

So I turned the phone off and held on the place I held as hard as I could for a good 10 minutes. I tapped it and shook it as well. And then, voilà! The phone works as good as new again!

So I suggest you do what I do, hold it hard down near the top of the battery, try different places. I guess it reconnected the cable somehow I hope this helps