Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 keep timing out to the lock screen??

My phone has a number of annoying issues but the primary one has to be that it times out when I'm trying to do ANY thing. For example, I just entered my PIN to unlock my phone, it went to the home screen but when I tried to read a text message it went right back to the lock screen for me to enter the PIN again. I didn't even read the text! I pressed the numbers to enter the PIN and it went to black; this happened 5 or 6 times then it finally registered the PIN but with way too many digits. I backspaced and it went to black again. I just spent like 5 minutes trying to unlock my phone so I could make a phone call. This worries me because what if this had been an emergency?? I have to fight with this phone just to unlock it, then getting to phone or messages is a whole other struggle. I am so frustrated!! I don't have many apps so it's not like my storage is full. I close them all to avoid using too much memory. I hate this phone right now because I can't even do basic tasks. Don't get m started on when I try to use something like google hangouts- it's an absolute nightmare. The lag time, touch screen sensitivity, yes they are lame but timing out to the lock screen is set up for danger. I've had it just over 30 days so I'm stuck. Please help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 keep timing out to the lock screen??

That is exactly the reason I changed my lock screen code to a Pattern Draw.

get away from using a pincode to open your screen.
    change it to a Pattern Draw....

the screen timeout does not effect the length of time the lockscreen is open. You have to be quick entering pass codes.

I have my screen timeout set at 10 minutes, and the lockscreen still goes away in about 5 seconds... unless you are doing something with it.

I can purposely enter the wrong draw pattern several times and the lockscreen stays open until I get it right.