Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluebaronca
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Screen Keeps Waking Up Every Few Seconds

Just today, my phone started waking itself up every few seconds after I had pressed the lock button and this is severely draining my battery. It has been doing it all day. I restarted my phone and it keeps happening. I have not manually updated anything recently. What can I do to make it stop!?

Default Re: Screen Keeps Waking Up Every Few Seconds

Same thing happened to me. It's "Air Wake up" and it's reallllly sensitive. Because of another thread on this forum, I was able to determine it was Air Wake and disable it. Go to Settings/Accessibility/Dexterity and interaction/Air Wake up. Hope that's the problem.
    Monica

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

There's also this thing called "wakelock" that I'm just learning about. It seems that some background apps make the screen turn on when doing background activities. I found Amazon Apps doing that so I disabled it. Google magazine. Some weather apps also. Disabling reduced the number of times this happened for me (but didn't eliminate). There is a wakelock detector app, but it requires root access. I'm currently trying "Battery Doctor" which closes background apps (except those you tell it not to) and that seems to be helping too. Hope this helps. Hope also that someone who knows more about this chimes in.

My phone is doing the same thing. I've only had the Galaxy s5 for a little over a month now and then all of a sudden the past day and a half it started doing this. In the lock screen it keeps waking up every 30 second and then in the home screen when it starts to dim out on the Time out after 15 second setting it then wakes back up again. Super annoying on a brand new phone. I have shut down all applications, made sure the things on the forums have been complied with (i.e. the Air wake and others etc.) and nothing. Will try the battery doctor and see if that does anything.

Mine seemed to be my android link to my android phone.. lights the screen.
    Good Luck

Had the same problem. Realized it was an electrical issue. The power was being dropped from the cord. Whenever it loses power from the cord or gains power, it wakes up. I was using a power bar. Plugging it directly into the wall fixed my issue. Hope this helps.
    ironass likes this.

I also had this issues. For me what was causing it was leaving the Peel Remote app running in the background. When I have it closed and just use the widget this problem was gone.

Pain in the b u t t with the phone sitting on the arm of my rocking chair.

(I'd like to take this moment to say that if I take the spaces out of b u t t that it is censoring me? Thats a little overboard lol)

Flicked via the BlackBerry Keyboard on my S5

Actually, every time the NSA accesses your phone data, the phone comes out of sleep mode. Stay safe my friend.

It took me 2 days of insanity to find out what was causing my phone to wake randomly. I deleted apps, changed settings and restarted my phone all to find out that the button in my phone case was rubbing slightly on the power button. I cut the piece out of the case and problem solved. (This was the case: SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series Full-body Rugged Case)
    Hope that helps someone readin this because I checked countless forums and none of them had this answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Crowley View Post
    Just today, my phone started waking itself up every few seconds after I had pressed the lock button and this is severely draining my battery. It has been doing it all day. I restarted my phone and it keeps happening. I have not manually updated anything recently. What can I do to make it stop!?
    Don't know if this is your issue but I got a new Galaxy active s7 Monday and from day 1 I had this issue. Tried everything in the forum. I was at witts end and this morning my Spotify updated and it fixed my problem. Do you use Spotify?