Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cover port porky designed breaks easily. Quick fix

OK this is more of a temp fix. Mine came off in 12 days and I never pulled or forced it the thin black rubber just snapped off. So I tried to pop it back on attachment on right side nope. Switch it so the black attachment is facing the left side it should go in easily. Now get a small piece of clear Scotch tape. Tape long ways to port and back of phone so the port cover now folds down and back. I'm designing an attachment so it opens this way all the time. Will keep you posted with pics hopefully. This is just a fast fix so you can still protect your phone and not lose the tiny cover.

Default Re: Cover port porky designed breaks easily. Quick fix

Wouldn't something like this be covered under warranty? I mean, after only 12 days?

Yes it is covered under warranty. The problem is Samsung wants you to send your phone in and refuses to send you a new USB cover. So I ordered a new one on ebay for under 5 bucks and went to wireless charging..
    soleiles likes this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Mine has broken off too and the only option samsung is giving me is to ship it to them and be phoneless for 10-14 days and that isn't feasible for me as I have no other means of communication. I'm not very happy about it.

Well, yeah, that sucks... But I guess they can't send you a replacement and rather send it back already installed. I wish they'd do this at a local service center; let THEM do the waiting for the part to arrive (or just have these readily available if the port tab is so frail).

I guess all the complaints on facebook means nothing. I'm not on it but have they even responded?

Pro S5

I did the same thing as Samsung wants me to ship the phone to them to replace at their facility. For a $1part? And then it takes 8-11 days of which I have no phone. At least they were going to replace at no cost. How did the replacement part fit?