Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reception Problems

Hi all,

Has anyone had problems with internet connectivity (mobile data not wifi) regularly dropping out on the S5.

I can still make phones calls and send text messages but internet connectivity stops.

I have replaced the sim, restarted phone, did a factory reset to no avail. The only thing I could find that seems to be working is turning off LTE connectivity so it can only connect to 3G and H+. I thought the issue that without consistent LTE in my house, its trying to connect and fails and leaves the phone in a state of 'limbo' with no reception. I don't really see this as a fix though as the phone shouldn't be doing it. Anyone have a similar issue/know any better fix.

regards,

Joel.

Default Re: Reception Problems

I have only lost DATA once, and that was when I dropped down into a very deep ravine w/o line of sight to a cell site.

Last week, I worked out on the lake's edge many miles from a cell site, and the phone dropped back to 1x... but data still worked, just excruciatingly slow.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON