Wireless Charging Cover OEM Fitment Issue

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice when shining a flashlight that the cover leaves a gap on the side with the power button? I thought it was my cover but I has it replaced and it still does it. My stock cover fits fine but creaks on that side and this cover also creaks and I can feel give.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I went to Verizon and tested the cover on a brand new S5. No issues so they're sending me a replacement.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to accept the creaking because it still creaks on a replacement phone and I tested a few Wireless Covers. Its always the same spot on the power button side. My stock cover does it too but due to its thinness its less noticeable. My Note 3 was built great but the S5 is very annoying and cheap.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Yea mine does it too for some reason. I thought it was a defective Back Cover, went back to the Samsung Mobile Store, and asked if I could try a different one. More or less, it does the same but better than the first one, since it does less creak. I've even tested by dunking in water and works okay, water hasn't gone inside at all.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea mine does it too for some reason. I thought it was a defective Back Cover, went back to the Samsung Mobile Store, and asked if I could try a different one. More or less, it does the same but better than the first one, since it does less creak. I've even tested by dunking in water and works okay, water hasn't gone inside at all.

I figure its fine for water since the rubber seal is still tight. I just can't stand creaks but I will deal with it. My second cover was better but ended up happening again.

I did notice that the back cover doesn't actually have many "locking" clicks on the power button side when compared to the volume side. In fact, that's probably why the back cover creaks on that side in 4 different wireless covers I've tried and even stock.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine creaks too. It's annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, extremely annoying. I'm living with it though and I'm hoping the Diztronic case silences it a bit. Won't be perfect but at least the stock cover becomes better since you have to use pressure points to make the noise which I can live with. I just don't want them from normal use.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lately the creaking has become unacceptable to me! I refuse to accept the amount of creaking this phone is doing during normal use. I hope the Note 4 is better because I'm ditching this phone asap. I'd go for an HTC One M8 but the camera scratching isn't something I'm willing to accept.

I thought my Note 2 was bad but the S5 is now feeling like the cheapest phone I've ever owned. Wireless Cover or stock its creaky! :(

Sorry for my rant. I can live with plastic but not when it feels like the cover isn't even latching fully and then creases.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I got lucky no creaking. Then again it could be that's it's 2:30 AM. LOL

Haha, possibly. :)

I don't know, I just removed the Wireless Cover and out on my Spigen Slim Armor. No more creaking due to the design. I'd rather have no creaking than wireless charging lol.

I admit I may be unreasonable seeing as plastic creaks but if you heard the how loud the creak was it would drive any of you nuts. Haha. :D Jumping to a Note 4 is mostly out of frustration and most likely wouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine creaks to. An easy fix. Don't squeeze it there and it won't creak, lol

Posted via Android Central App

Agreed, an easy fix is to not squeeze it there where it creaks. I don't do it intentionally to make it creak either. If it creaks then it creaks. I can deal with that. Plus I've decided to have my phone go completely go naked.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed you have the Verizon S5. I'm guessing that's the problem, I remember on eBay the seller made a note that the Wireless Back Cover doesn't fit on Verizon.

It's unbelievable they're the only company that makes changes to the OEM (see the G3 variants) and add their ******* logos. LOL

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed you have the Verizon S5. I'm guessing that's the problem, I remember on eBay the seller made a note that the Wireless Back Cover doesn't fit on Verizon.

It's unbelievable they're the only company that makes changes to the OEM (see the G3 variants) and add their ******* logos. LOL

That makes absolutely no sense. Lol, the cover does fit the S5. It just creaks on the power button side edge where the cover has no clips near the Samsung logo. My standard cover creaks in the same area although not as loud since its flexible.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
My stock black cover "creaks" when I press it or grab the corners and twist it to test the build quality. I bought a few eBay covers in different colors and no creaking. Same with the oem wireless back, tighter fit. I use a rigid case anyways, so it's not a problem. I think the gasket gives the cover some bounce to it. My stock black cover will creak pretty much anywhere I press hard enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance