Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is my battery usage unusual?

Hi there. I just saw people mentioning that they have been on LTE and their battery percentage goes to 60. I have used my phone for 4 hours today, only WiFi , no 3G. NFC , gestures , etc, turned off and I'm down to 20 percent. Does that look unusual?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is my battery usage unusual?-screenshot_2014-07-01-23-49-09.jpg  

Default Re: Is my battery usage unusual?

No, I have an S5 my battery usage is about the same

Typical for the use you mention.
    Verizon Galaxy S5

If I helped you, Please click
    Thanks button

That's crazy for me. My battery is crazy amazing. Some days I have to wait to charge until the next afternoon. I am in love with my abbtery on the S5.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie629 View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/qu6ahyte.jpg

I'm highly depressed! 😦

I am just getting used to my new S5, the T-Mobile variant. I am coming from a S2, so I am still learning. my battery life seems ok so far, but working nights limits my FB time, texts and such, so after a 10 hour shift, I am still over 50%. But that's because it sits in my lunch box or on my desk at the moment. Waiting till the weekend to get my case, so my usage is limited.

Here is mine:

Is my battery usage unusual?-gs-5-1.jpg
    Is my battery usage unusual?-gs-5-2.jpg

Phone lasted 2 days 14 hours on a single charge (I don't do this often and I only fully drain it every 2 months).

I would also like to point out that I am currently out of the country and to avoid any roaming costs, I have put my phone in airplane mode and only use wi-fi when it's available. When I don't use WI-fi or there is no wi-fi in the area, I just turn it off. At night, when sleeping, it just stays in airplane mode. Even without using UPSM, I only lose 1% overnight, so I find it that I don't ever need to use UPSM.

I think getting 4 hours of screen on time is average and I can't really complain about that.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    Here is mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS 5 1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	125838
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS 5 2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	125839

Phone lasted 2 days 14 hours on a single charge (I don't do this often and I only fully drain it every 2 months).

I would also like to point out that I am currently out of the country and to avoid any roaming costs, I have put my phone in airplane mode and only use wi-fi when it's available. When I don't use WI-fi or there is no wi-fi in the area, I just turn it off. At night, when sleeping, it just stays in airplane mode. Even without using UPSM, I only lose 1% overnight, so I find it that I don't ever need to use UPSM.

I think getting 4 hours of screen on time is average and I can't really complain about that.
    I can't complain, too. But I was preparing myself for an interesting battery power, as the reviews said. But I got depressed when I tried it by my own. I have come from an iPhone and it had a great battery power with heavy use(playing Infinity blade) .

Quote Originally Posted by Parham Goudarzi View Post
    I can't complain, too. But I was preparing myself for an interesting battery power, as the reviews said. But I got depressed when I tried it by my own. I have come from an iPhone and it had a great battery power with heavy use(playing Infinity blade) .

2-1/2 days working like that isn't too bad. I used to do the same, but I used Lama to help me manage it instead of constantly going through settings. My phone is just shy of 2 weeks, I've gotten it to last 3 days and a couple minutes. But of course I'm not a big social network user so if you're big on FB, Twitter, IG, etc, you'll likely not like doing this.
    On average I get about a day and a half with "normal" more expected use.

Quote Originally Posted by Parham Goudarzi View Post

I came from iPhone 5S and I am a heavy user. My iPhone would never make it as long as my S5 does. You have to tweak your settings. Taking OFF auto screen brightness was the best thing I did. I noticed my biggest change there. I manually adjust it but most days it stays around this:

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie629 View Post
    I came from iPhone 5S and I am a heavy user. My iPhone would never make it as long as my S5 does. You have to tweak your settings. Taking OFF auto screen brightness was the best thing I did. I noticed my biggest change there. I manually adjust it but most days it stays around this: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/a2yzy3u9.jpg

I have already tweaked my device, the usage is average, tho. My iPhone 5 lasted for about 6 hours playing Infinity blade.

Last edited by Parham Goudarzi; 07-02-2014 at 02:33 PM.

I am currently at 30% at over 20 hours.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is my battery usage unusual?-screenshot_2014-07-02-13-30-44.jpg  
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Did u use anything heavy?

Not really, light usage. Texting, Facebook, games, few calls..................... So far seems to be doing well.

I average 1 day 17ish+ hours with around 15-13% battery left when I plug it in at night. Avg screen time is around 4 hours. I would be big time disappointed with that battery life I don't have auto screen checked.