Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Just got my S5

Hello forum just got the S5 and am coming from the HTC One M7 which just completely was not what I expected in terms of quality. This phone however....WOOOW It's epic. Anyway I'm on the att carrier and was curious what apps is it okay to force stop and yet not affect the phones performance or just basic functions? I'm talking about bloat wear and just any other apps from samsung or att that I "should" force stop to free up some of that ram. Thank you! Also...my camera tends to do this thing where when I'm taking a photo is says hold steady while the camera takes the picture...why does it do this?

Best,
    CB

Default Re: Just got my S5

It could say hold the camera steady so that it doesn't have blurring issues

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Turn off image stabilization in your camera settings. It'll take pictures much faster and you won't see that popup. As for apps, the easiest way to rid yourself of unwanted apps is to open the app drawer, tap the three dot menu button, select uninstall/disable apps, anything with a red minus sign is fair game but choose wisely. Most pre-installed apps can only be disabled. Additionally, if any were updated prior to disabling, you will most likely be prompted to uninstall updates and restore the factory app, do that, then select it again to disable it. Any apps disabled will be removed from your app drawer but can be restored if you change your mind later.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

What apps are safe to disable though? Can I disable all my att bloat wear like att locker and att contacts and basically all the stuff I do not use. Also...what is "allshare cast dongle" or "Dongle firmware" It says it updated that..

Go to settings, battery, and tap on Android system. There will be a long list of apps that are linked to Android system. All cast media share dongle is there. I tried to turn it off but the next time I rebooted it restored.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Appreciate the replies. If anyone reads this and is on AT&T feel free to post up a list of anything you may have turned off or force stopped in the application manager. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Barr View Post
    What apps are safe to disable though? Can I disable all my att bloat wear like att locker and att contacts and basically all the stuff I do not use. Also...what is "allshare cast dongle" or "Dongle firmware" It says it updated that..
    Most AT&T app you should be able to disable without any problems. Also lookout, yellow page (i believe it's YP) are also save to disable.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Nice thank you for that reply.

Also wanted to mention my S5 is currently using a Zegg HD screen protector and the Otterbox Symmetry case. Both are very nice and I'm pretty sure this phone is going to look in mint condition months from now.