Does my home screen look too busy?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If it were me, I would start making use of folders. I can attach a screenshot of my setup if you would like.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
K.I.S.S.

Are you running Prime, why not use Gestures to launch apps.

Pro S5

Ummm you mean the paid version of Nova? Yes....and....I don't know how to use gestures or exactly what that means.......I think I need a Nova tutorial lol.....I went into settings (Nova) and seriously....everything looks alien to me....not sure how to customize or anything....

- - - Updated - - -

If it were me, I would start making use of folders. I can attach a screenshot of my setup if you would like.

please do...I have zero and I mean zero clue as to what I am doing.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ummm you mean the paid version of Nova? Yes....and....I don't know how to use gestures or exactly what that means.......I think I need a Nova tutorial lol.....I went into settings (Nova) and seriously....everything looks alien to me....not sure how to customize or anything....

- - - Updated - - -

please do...I have zero and I mean zero clue as to what I am doing.

Ok. Hang on a second. Here is a guide on Nova though: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/299378-guide-nova-launcher.html

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot as promised. I made folders for AC, most of Google services I use, a tools folder for the Clock, calculator, calendar, etc, music players. Any questions on my setup I will answer to the best of my ability.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Attachments

• 1404249118029.jpg
    1404249118029.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 250

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I was going to say I feel like such a noob and then I realized...I AM SUCH A NOOB!!

I obviously need to study this Nova stuff haha....the folder idea looks cool....the gesture thing I don't know anything about....

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was going to say I feel like such a noob and then I realized...I AM SUCH A NOOB!!

I obviously need to study this Nova stuff haha....the folder idea looks cool....the gesture thing I don't know anything about....

I think you need the paid version of Nova for gestures, which I do not have. However, folders can be done in the free version, and folders can be placed in the dock too.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Its busy but so what its functional right? Here's mine with nova, I use beautiful widgets with it.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-14-29-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-14-29-23.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 222

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Its busy but so what its functional right? Here's mine with nova, I use beautiful widgets with it.

Nice, I like it. I'm playing around with gestures.....it's kinda cool, but only if I remember to associate the right gesture with the app/command etc...lol...which will take some time...who knows, maybe I can clean it up a bit, but I do like the way it looks with all my fave apps right there.....Nova Prime seems pretty comprehensive and there's a lot to learn here.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice, I like it. I'm playing around with gestures.....it's kinda cool, but only if I remember to associate the right gesture with the app/command etc...lol...which will take some time...who knows, maybe I can clean it up a bit, but I do like the way it looks with all my fave apps right there.....Nova Prime seems pretty comprehensive and there's a lot to learn here.

Yea nova prime rocks, it really offers a lot of customization. I'm not really into gestures myself, to much to remember in my brain already lol. But I just love the visual look it brings compared to stock touchwiz; which I used to long, just got bored with the look.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Just making sure, you saw the link to the guide for Nova?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Just making sure, you saw the link to the guide for Nova?

Yes sir I did....I read up on it and now I have gained some knowledge of gestures and incorporated 4 of them....

Appreciate the link, it's a good read and I am finding a few other good sources....plus I plan to watch some youtube on someone using it, customizing and a general walk through.....

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes sir I did....I read up on it and now I have gained some knowledge of gestures and incorporated 4 of them....

Appreciate the link, it's a good read and I am finding a few other good sources....plus I plan to watch some youtube on someone using it, customizing and a general walk through.....

Cool. Let us know how everything works out.

dkjames71

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Didn't like touch wiz too much, switched to Google now experience long ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-17-19-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-17-19-20.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 155

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Didn't like touch wiz too much, switched to Google now experience long ago.

Pro S5

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
This may sound stupid..... But how to you create a folder? In setting I see folder, and ways to customize etc..... But maybe the option isn't there because my home screen is full? Or do you just drag an icon over another?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This may sound stupid..... But how to you create a folder? In setting I see folder, and ways to customize etc..... But maybe the option isn't there because my home screen is full? Or do you just drag an icon over another?

Quickly drag one icon over another. Otherwise the ui will think you want to change places.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
To add you can even edit that folder to any icon or picture you want so you don't have a stack of icons.

Pro S5