Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scobb
  • 1 Post By 68 Gransport
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anybody found a wireless Qi charger for the Galaxy S5 ACTIVE (SM-G870A)?

I can find plenty for the S5, but not the S5 Active. Spoke with Samsung, and they are working to come out with a charger cover near the holidays, but I'd settle for a non-Samsung product if it works.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Default Re: Has anybody found a wireless Qi charger for the Galaxy S5 ACTIVE (SM-G870A)?

I'm pretty sure that there are no contacts necessary for a Qi (or touchstone) receiver. I would love to be wrong on this. All of the pictures that I have seen of the inside back of the Active show no contacts.

It really would benefit from Qi - as you would never need to open the USB flap.
    kwhopson likes this.

Default Re: Has anybody found a wireless Qi charger for the Galaxy S5 ACTIVE (SM-G870A)?

I contacted Samsung Accessories Product Manager. Was advised there is no wireless charger available for S5 Active and no date planned for one to be available. I am getting the feeling that the s5 Active is an orphan - very difficult to find basic items like Zagg, case, QI charger.
    kwhopson likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for checking with Samsung. I wish the salesperson at ATT had made me aware of this when they compared, for me, the features of the regular S5 to the Active. It would have been a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by scobb View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there are no contacts necessary for a Qi (or touchstone) receiver. I would love to be wrong on this. All of the pictures that I have seen of the inside back of the Active show no contacts.

It really would benefit from Qi - as you would never need to open the USB flap.
    No pin contacts: No Qi Charging function possible.

That phone is "useless to me", sure glad that I chose the S5 instead.

This little tiny charger fits inside the OEM case w/o any bulging. Works a treat.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad