Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just ordered Wireless Charging Kit

After researching multiple chargers/charging kits, I just ordered this on Amazon. Great price for the receiving device and a charger base.

Deeteck Wireless Qi Standard Power Charger Pad+receiver for Samsung Galaxy S5

Came over to an S5 from a Droid DNA where I fell in love with the wireless charging.

I also have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case that makes opening and shutting the charger door very difficult, so I'd like to minimize that.

I'll post my experience with this charger when I get it and have used it for a couple days. If anyone has had much experience with this charger, I'd love to hear what your experience has been like!

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Just ordered Wireless Charging Kit

Have had it for one night and so far so good.

First, installing the card was super easy. I took people's advice on previous wireless charging cards and cut a very small piece of a business card to place over the contacts to ensure good apposition.

Second, the bump. . . Well, I'll be honest, I'm not too happy about the small bump on the back of the phone. It definitely seals very well all the way around as the back cover clicks into place nicely. No, I'm not going to throw it in a bathtub to make sure. :-) I was able to place my Spigen Neo Hybrid case back on it without any problems, but the slight bump on the back prevents the phone from lying perfectly flat as it used to do.

Third, the charging. . . It went well. It charged fairly quickly. When it was charging it did seem a little warm, but not exceedingly hot. When I woke up, the phones was fully charged and cool to the touch.

Any other thoughts on wireless charging? I would love to hear it. Has anyone been using a wireless charger on they GS5 for a prolonged period and have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorg23 View Post

Second, the bump. . . Well, I'll be honest, I'm not too happy about the small bump on the back of the phone. It definitely seals very well all the way around as the back cover clicks into place nicely. No, I'm not going to throw it in a bathtub to make sure. :-) I was able to place my Spigen Neo Hybrid case back on it without any problems, but the slight bump on the back prevents the phone from lying perfectly flat as it used to do.

This is why I spent more, $40 for the Samsung Wireless Back Cover.

No worries and if I want to throw it in the bath tub I can. LOL

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by doctorg23 View Post
    Have had it for one night and so far so good.

First, installing the card was super easy. I took people's advice on previous wireless charging cards and cut a very small piece of a business card to place over the contacts to ensure good apposition.

Third, the charging. . . It went well. It charged fairly quickly. When it was charging it did seem a little warm, but not exceedingly hot. When I woke up, the phones was fully charged and cool to the touch.

Any other thoughts on wireless charging? I would love to hear it. Has anyone been using a wireless charger on they GS5 for a prolonged period and have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!
    Funny. I have one that looks very, very similar (I think it's the same one) but it doesn't cause any bump.

Global Posts
    4,783 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    This is why I spent more, $40 for the Samsung Wireless Back Cover.

No worries and if I want to throw it in the bath tub I can. LOL
    Pro S5
    But the end result is a fatter back cover and no case (i.e. Spigen, etc) will fit?
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

This is the one I bought.
    Amazon.com: S5 PWRcard - Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy S5 SV: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fits under standard cover with no bump. And the NFC function is not impaired. Apparently some do interfere with that.

Quote Originally Posted by IBMJunkman View Post
    This is the one I bought.
    Amazon.com: S5 PWRcard - Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy S5 SV: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fits under standard cover with no bump. And the NFC function is not impaired. Apparently some do interfere with that.
    And this one is similar, I installed it and no bump on the back.

NFC is just fine.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' $18.99
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    But the end result is a fatter back cover and no case (i.e. Spigen, etc) will fit?
    Most cases won't fit with the Samsung Wireless Back Cover. However, there are some cases that will fit, Bumper cases (both Aluminum or TPU) will fit with the Samsung Wireless Back cover. The only issue is that of course the back isn't covered, but even so the Samsung Wireless Back Cover does act as a case, since it protects the camera area and laying the phone flat on the table.

I've heard one of the case maker is planing to make a full case compatible with the Samsung Wireless Back Cover.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I'll take that over risking losing water resistant.

I mentioned before the Case mate tough Sport I got was free and TBH I love that I was forced not to use it because let's face it's feels better naked.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    And this one is similar, I installed it and no bump on the back.

NFC is just fine.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' $18.99
    My wife has the same one and it works even through her LifeProof case. I'm really impressed so far.