Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 vs Windows phone features

Need some help and guidance

I switched from a Windows phone to Android. I have the S5 with ATT. When I used my Bluetooth over the ear in with my windows phone I was able to get notification of who is calling (Answer or Ignore), also with my TEXT I was able to get information like message From then it would ask if I want to reply, or ignore. If I selected reply I could (voice) via the blue tooth tell it my message it would read it back to me then I could say send.
    This was all with my Plantronics voyager legend Bluetooth and the windows phone. I was told the S5 could do the same.
    The S5 works great I can answer or ignore calls via Bluetooth but I cannot have the phone read me information from the text or an option for me to reply to the text via my bluetooth. I made lots of calls to ATT and to Plantronics and they both point the finger at each other.

Any help would be great.

Default Re: S5 vs Windows phone features

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoscott78 View Post
    I was able to get notification of who is calling (Answer or Ignore), also with my TEXT I was able to get information like message From then it would ask if I want to reply, or ignore. If I selected reply I could (voice) via the blue tooth tell it my message it would read it back to me then I could say send.
    That's the one thing I miss coming from a Windows Phone as well. I've searched for a solution for a while, but I can't seem to find a way to do it the same way that WP did.

For others who haven't used WP, this is how you could set it up to handle texts:

It would read out loud "Message from [person's name]. You can say 'Read It' or 'Ignore.'"
    If you said "Read it" it would read the message out loud and then say "You can say 'reply,' 'call' or 'I'm done.'"
    If you said "reply," you could say your text out loud and it would send the message.

I've found Android apps that read your text messages out loud, but the ones I've found automatically read the whole message. I don't want that. I want it to tell me who I have a text from and then it can read it out loud if I want it to. Is there any way to do this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I hope someone develops an app or that Samsung makes an update

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

You can try this . It might do what you want . https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.client&hl=en
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The link did not work
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

please repost link

It looks like the app suggested in Android Voice to Text and Voice Recognition Apps | Vlingo
    I'll try it out.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

If someone finds an app that works, please update here