Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 picture moving/saving question

Ahhh! On my second glass of wine and want to scream as I cannot figure this out! When I move pictures from my Galaxy S5 to my laptop or send in an email, they are HUGE. 5-8 MB. I cannot find a way to resize or compress before I send or save...does anyone have a solution? Thanks so much.

Global Posts
    2,594 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S5 picture moving/saving question

Good question. I would like to know also. On my Blackberry you were given the option to choose the size of the attachment.

I have the option (S5 AT&T) with the stock email app for original, large (70%), medium (30%) or small (10%). With the Gmail app there isn't that option, they are sent at original file size.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks, I'll try another email.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Darn, I could email using Outlook and then resize for pictures, but I cannot get a video out of the camera at all. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Guareno View Post
    Darn, I could email using Outlook and then resize for pictures, but I cannot get a video out of the camera at all. Any other ideas?
    Videos are probably going to exceed to file size limitations for most emails unless you shoot them in lower resolutions and make them really short in time, kinda defeats the purpose of having a good camera though. What works best for me is using Google Drive or Dropbox. Move the video there, then send a link to whoever you want to share it with. On the other end, I can download to my computer from the cloud storage. I also use Dropbox to auto backup all my pics and videos.