Snapchat not waking screen?

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got my s5 yesterday and have been enjoying setting it all up. However, I'm having a weird issue that I cannot find an answer for. When I get a new snapchat, it does not wake my screen or activate my LED. The only way I know I have a new snap is to click my home button and wake the screen myself. When I do this, it will then pop up in the notification bar and my LED will begin blinking. I have the settings in snapchat set to wake the screen, however, it is not doing that.

Is this a common issue? Should I factory reset my phone and start over? Is there some sort of mystery setting I am unaware of? I haven't used android since the original galaxy note back in 2012, so forgive me if I ask beginner questions.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Snapchat, but does your LED work normally as it should for other notifications? If it does, you could try clearing the cache and data for the Snapchat app and set it up again.

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes my LED does work normally. I did a cache wipe by holding the volume, home and power keys. After that it appears to be working. Thanks for the advice. Hope it keeps up. Really loving the phone so far. Can't believe I stuck with iPhones for so long!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci