Blue Tooth Audio Default Music Player

Kerr0058

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I prefer to stream radio in my car on my Galaxy S5 and play it on my Kenwood radio via the blue tooth. Each time I connect the blue tooth to my radio and try to stream radio, the phone automatically starts playing songs preloaded on my phone. Then I have to force close the music player to make it stop. My old Galaxy S did not do this and would just stream what I had chosen manually or nothing (if I hadn't open anything). How can I stop this from being a default feature?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was having a very similar issue (but with my podcast player launching), and here is a forum I found on a very similar topic. Disable auto-start when phone connects to vehicle's Bluetooth

The solution posted there was to install this app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...p2.start.and.play.music.player&token=qgcMukTh

I downloaded the Bluetooth connect & Play and will test next time I am in my car.

I prefer to stream radio in my car on my Galaxy S5 and play it on my Kenwood radio via the blue tooth. Each time I connect the blue tooth to my radio and try to stream radio, the phone automatically starts playing songs preloaded on my phone. Then I have to force close the music player to make it stop. My old Galaxy S did not do this and would just stream what I had chosen manually or nothing (if I hadn't open anything). How can I stop this from being a default feature?

joepro6

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Another way, without installing an app is to turn off media connection in bluetooth settings for the device.
Go to Settings/Bluetooth/(settings icon for device)/(uncheck media connection)
You have to turn it on again if you want to listen to music through that device.