Front Facing Camera Problem

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
So I went to use my front camera today and check out how horrible it looks :-( It almost looks like my lense slipped or something :-(
Going to the ATT store tomorrow to get it looked at :-(

Screenshot_2014-07-04-19-56-04.jpg

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow, it's definitely screwed up and you're right, it does look like it slid down out of place. They should replace it without a problem. But if they try to send it off for repair, I'd fight them tooth and nail to instead get a replacement.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
It's been in a case and had a screen protector on the whole time :-( I even took the screen protector off thinking that was the problem. :-(
Ill post an update tomorrow after I go to the store .. Wish Me luck.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Went the store they put me on the phone with warranty replacements and they are sending me a new device .. Another associate said they had someone in the other day with the same issue ;( my charger cover doesn't stay closed either so hopefully this next one will be better all around.

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Went the store they put me on the phone with warranty replacements and they are sending me a new device .. Another associate said they had someone in the other day with the same issue ;( my charger cover doesn't stay closed either so hopefully this next one will be better all around.

I had to go into the AT&T store about my charger cover not staying closed (it's summer...of course I'm going to use my phone near/in water duh). They put me on the phone with Warranty Services and the lady on there tried talking me out of it. She said I didn't need to use my phone near the water....well if that was the case I would have chose a different phone. That was one of the whole reasons I got the s5! She finally sent me one after a half hour of trying to convince her that the s5 and the s5 active both had charger port covers and that its my phone I want it to work properly. I got my replacement Thursday and it's as good as new!

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Yea the lady on the phone was questioning if there was damage to the device. I kept saying that there was NO damage to the device and she kept questioning me.

The lady at the store finally had to get on the phone and tell her the same thing I did. It was frustrating but in the end I am getting a new phone hopefully on Tuesday.

Elmox

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Yea the lady on the phone was questioning if there was damage to the device. I kept saying that there was NO damage to the device and she kept questioning me.

The lady at the store finally had to get on the phone and tell her the same thing I did. It was frustrating but in the end I am getting a new phone hopefully on Tuesday.

Your not allone my friend....on my second one now.

Attachments

• 2014-06-13 07.29.17.jpg
    2014-06-13 07.29.17.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 15

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I tried searching other forums for the same issue but must not be searching the right ones. Glad I'm not alone just hope Samsung peeps are aware before my warranty expires.. We shouldn't have to make an insurance claim on a hardware issue like this.