Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [HELP] An App Or A Setting That Locks The Phone?

Hello, I'm looking for a specific app or a setting that basically when I press it,
    it locks the entire phone that whenever I would press the up or down volume keys, it won't change the volume.. or basically any activity I would do, it wouldn't start

Basically it just locks it to not make any changes at all.. A lock standby kinda like the Ipod 3g when you press the standby button

Is there an app or setting that does that?

Global Posts
    4,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: [HELP] An App Or A Setting That Locks The Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by MoRTiZz3 View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for a specific app or a setting that basically when I press it,
    it locks the entire phone that whenever I would press the up or down volume keys, it won't change the volume.. or basically any activity I would do, it wouldn't start

Basically it just locks it to not make any changes at all.. A lock standby

Is there an app or setting that does that?
    Well, you can set a pass code. That way, all you have to do is press the power button and the phone will lock with a pass code.

The option is in settings>security>screen lock.

You can also look into Android Device Manager, so you can wipe the phone from a computer if needed.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: [HELP] An App Or A Setting That Locks The Phone?

No I know that, but I am talking a specific app or setting that basically

it locks the phone so that any hardware changes or any pressed that I would make, it wouldn't touch anything, kinda like the Ipod 3g, when you press the standby button, it doesnt let you switch songs when its pressed

Because everytime I'm listening to a song, volume buttons would get pressed, and I wouldnt want them to be changed at all

@wizzrah