Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Question toggler app.???

is there a way to toggle data off and on from the home screen=app or widget. instead of going thru settings lazy and time consuming.LOL
    t-mobile s5

Default Re: toggler app.???

Yes, HD Widget allows you to do that. I'm sure there are other widget that does. However, you'd have to play around with it. If I remember correctly, HD Widget is a paid app, but I could be wrong.

Another option is to install "Battery Doctor" by KS Mobile? Which does have a widget that allows you to turn on data on/off. Unfortunately, I have deleted Battery Doctor on my phone. So I don't have a SS of it. I'm sure someone else can pitch in about this one.

Here is an example of mine:

toggler app.???-galaxy-s5-2.jpg

Default Re: toggler app.???

You asked about my Favorite topic

Battery Doctor does have two Widgets.

One is a Switcher window and the other is a App Closer Widget.

I use both every time I am ready to lock the screen.

Both are shown below

The first one is the Switcher Window where you have instant access to everything that connects to the internet. I turn OFF,
    DATA, SYNC, WIFI, Bluetooth

I leave ON the GPS and it is in High Accuracy Mode all the time.
    I have determined that the GPS receiver has only about 20 minutes effect on the battery life over two (2) days, so why turn it off? I leave it on so that the camera always can access it for location data. I have the Camera available on the Lockscreen. Use it daily in my job.

At the extreme with light useage, ie, a few telco calls, and a lot of text messaging, I can easily get 4 days between charges by leaving everything turned OFF. None of the stuff that is OFF is needed to call or SMS.

Need to surf the net, or read an email, hit the Switcher Widget and turn on Data or WiFi, whichever is appropriate.

Battery Doctor has a lot of menus to configure, IF, you want it to work in Automatic Mode. You need to check them all out and enable them, or disable them. I have all of the Auto stuff disabled.

I have a Custom Menu and I always use it Manually..... ie, if I am not using the phone, everything is turned OFF.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toggler app.???-battery-doctor-switcher-window.jpg   toggler app.???-battery-doctor-widgets.jpg