Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dust in Speaker Grill

Just got my Galaxy S5 two days ago, and it looks like there are two balls of dust inside the calling speaker on the front of the phone. They are at complete opposite ends, so it looks like it could be a part of the phone, but I'm not sure and I would like to exchange it if something isn't right.

Default Re: Dust in Speaker Grill

Quote Originally Posted by markrayski17 View Post
    Just got my Galaxy S5 two days ago, and it looks like there are two balls of dust inside the calling speaker on the front of the phone. They are at complete opposite ends, so it looks like it could be a part of the phone, but I'm not sure and I would like to exchange it if something isn't right.
    Just checked mine, never really noticed or looked that closely before, but the very first and the very last are just dimples and not a hole all the way through like the rest.

I have never heard so much "dust" talk in all my (cell phone) life <lol>
    "calling speaker"? Is that the ear piece at the top of the phone? I don't see
    anything and I think it would take a 100x magnifying glass to detect a speck of dust.
    Sorry, I don't see anything that shouldn't be there except for a good many smudgy finger prints.
    I need to clean the screen.

Global Posts
    1,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by markrayski17 View Post
    Get a can of air... that will blow it out. It's high pressure, but safe. A can of air is around $3 - $4.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I used to get lint way down inside the headphone jack