Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I hope no one has a fake Galaxy S5...this video shows a good looking fake

I saw this video and was pretty amazed at how closely the fake s5 looks and operates to the real one. I bet if you didn't have the real one next to it in the video to compare with, you would never notice the difference.

Thanked by:

Default Re: I hope no one has a fake Galaxy S5...this video shows a good looking fake

Welcome to Android Central, and good tips there!

Default Re: I hope no one has a fake Galaxy S5...this video shows a good looking fake

I was kinda shocked when I was looking around researching for my S5 how many fakes are out there. There were even reviews of fake ones.

Unbelievable how close the two are. With that said I guess its safe to say that the easiest way to spot a fake is the lack of the rubber gasket within the battery cover.

One note however is that he mentions the cover being plastic instead of rubbery. Isnt the white a different material due to the risk of becoming dirty?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

The FAKE phones are now illegal to be imported to the USA.

If any of them make it to our shores, the manufacturer will be harshly dealt with by the FTC, their banks will not be allowed to trade in USA dollars....

https://www.google.com/search?q=fake...x-a&channel=sb
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    The FAKE phones are now illegal to be imported to the USA.

If any of them make it to our shores, the manufacturer will be harshly dealt with by the FTC, their banks will not be allowed to trade in USA dollars....

https://www.google.com/search?q=fake...x-a&channel=sb
    When was this even legal to the begin with?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

I would think the main markets for the fakes are outside the US. A lot of Asian countries are lax in their copyright enforcement. They just have a much different outlook on it.

South Korea was the best place to get stuff wnen I was in the service. I got my first Playstation in Dubai, it had a universal chip in it to allow any game from any country on it. All of my games were boot legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    One note however is that he mentions the cover being plastic instead of rubbery. Isnt the white a different material due to the risk of becoming dirty?
    Yeah, I was going to point that out. The back of a real white S5 is more plastic-y than the black version. Everyone has always said it's for dirt-resistance.

Thanks.

Honestly, why bother selling fakes when the new trend is to Blacklist phones after the sale. It's not just used but BNIB with RECEIPTS gets hit as well.