Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlocked Bootloader what now?

Hello guys so I used towel root on my T-Mobile Galaxy s5 and I know that it only unlocked your Bootloader so what do I do now to completely root it?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Unlocked Bootloader what now?

I think it's the other way around. Using towelroot roots your phone but does NOT unlock your bootloader. I used towelroot to root my phone and I'm on att. Plus I believe my bootloader is still locked.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    I think it's the other way around. Using towelroot roots your phone but does NOT unlock your bootloader. I used towelroot to root my phone and I'm on att. Plus I believe my bootloader is still locked.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    Hello guys so I used towel root on my T-Mobile Galaxy s5 and I know that it only unlocked your Bootloader so what do I do now to completely root it?

You rooted your phone with towelroot. You did not unlock your bootloader with towelroot (perhaps it would have been called "towelbootloader-unlock" if it was able to do that.)

In any case, you have your phone rooted. The first two things you should do in order of importance are:

1) Install SuperSU from the play store. Open, let it update binaries, and ask you if it should disable KNOX - then select yes.

2) Go in with Titanium Backup or Root Explorer and "freeze" the SDM app to prevent VZW from updating it and breaking your root.

-Suntan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I installed supersu but this shows up

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unlocked Bootloader what now?-screenshot_2014-07-07-14-10-43.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Also it says that I am rooted in the T-Mobile app

I don't know what that warning is all about, but you want to have SuperSU running properly on your rooted phone. Think of SuperSU as a big, mean bouncer standing in the doorway to the bar. He only lets apps you approve of to access the Root of your phone.

Start researching around XDA-Developers forums for info on how to get that cleared up.

-Suntan
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I know