Unlocked Bootloader what now?

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys so I used towel root on my T-Mobile Galaxy s5 and I know that it only unlocked your Bootloader so what do I do now to completely root it?

Posted via Android Central App

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it's the other way around. Using towelroot roots your phone but does NOT unlock your bootloader. I used towelroot to root my phone and I'm on att. Plus I believe my bootloader is still locked.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys so I used towel root on my T-Mobile Galaxy s5 and I know that it only unlocked your Bootloader so what do I do now to completely root it?

You rooted your phone with towelroot. You did not unlock your bootloader with towelroot (perhaps it would have been called "towelbootloader-unlock" if it was able to do that.)

In any case, you have your phone rooted. The first two things you should do in order of importance are:

1) Install SuperSU from the play store. Open, let it update binaries, and ask you if it should disable KNOX - then select yes.

2) Go in with Titanium Backup or Root Explorer and "freeze" the SDM app to prevent VZW from updating it and breaking your root.

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what that warning is all about, but you want to have SuperSU running properly on your rooted phone. Think of SuperSU as a big, mean bouncer standing in the doorway to the bar. He only lets apps you approve of to access the Root of your phone.

Start researching around XDA-Developers forums for info on how to get that cleared up.

-Suntan

Colin Lynch

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
you need to flash the stock 4.4.2 firmware back onto your s5 and reroot. follow all the steps again that led you to the supersu warnin and this time all should be well:)