Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What weather and clock app?

I have upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a S5.My home screen has the default weather app, which takes up half the screen almost!

Do you keep the default weather app that comes with the S5 or do you recommend something else?

Also, any recommendations on what to use for an alarm clock? I used the default alarm clock on my Nexus 4 before.

Thanks,

Jon

Global Posts
    26,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What weather and clock app?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon12345 View Post
    I have upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a S5.My home screen has the default weather app, which takes up half the screen almost!

Do you keep the default weather app that comes with the S5 or do you recommend something else?

Also, any recommendations on what to use for an alarm clock? I used the default alarm clock on my Nexus 4 before.

Thanks,

Jon
    Don't have an S5, but I used to have an S3. I love 1Weather. They have customizable widgets of varying sizes. As for a clock, try Timely.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

I use HD Widgets (with Colourform add-on) but you need a Launcher. I love/use Nova Prime.

As for Alarm, I tried Timely and didn't like it prefer stock. Quick & simple.

I don't have much on my main home screen so I still use the stock one. Besides if I don't use it I don't get weather on my lockscreen and I like seeing it there. I just make the stock weather / clock widget transparent so it doesn't look that big since I can see my wallpaper through it.

Transparent clock & weather...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntclockweather

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What weather and clock app?-screenshot_2014-07-07-16-35-21.jpg  
    jcochran1977 likes this.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Weatherbug Elite 4x1 widget . No clock widget ( that's what the little clock in the upper right corner of the screen is for ). For an alarm I use Alarm Droid .

I use beautiful widgets and for alarm I use the alarm widget that Samsung has

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    Phone History
    Blackberry Curve > HTC Hero > Blackberry Tour > HTC EVO > Blackberry Bold > Droid X > iPhone 4 > HTC Evo LTE > iPhone 5 > Droid DNA > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S4 > iPhone 5S > Galaxy S5

Twitter: @Shoenflwx

Sense analogue clock and weather is gorgeous and completely customizable

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What weather and clock app?-1404785212575.jpg  
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S6 (usually) in NYC

Weather I use the Google now widget

See

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What weather and clock app?-screenshot_2014-07-07-22-20-55.jpg  

Try Eye In the Sky for the weather widget and for time you could check out UCCW custom widget!

I use Yahoo Weather.

Sent from my amazing Galaxy S3

Yahoo weather 100%. It's the most informative and best looking in my opinion. There are many sizes for the yahoo weather widget, and the background of the widget are flickr photos of your town. Upon clicking it, it brings up a very detailed view of weather information presented beautifully. The screenshots do not show all the weather info, it includes humidity, sunset, sun up, wind speeds, the list goes on.

Global Posts
    1,997 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Quote Originally Posted by Jon12345 View Post

Thanks,

Jon
    I have used "Fancy Widgets" for years:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.fancywidgets
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

I like 1 Weather for clock & weather widget.

What weather and clock app?-uploadfromtaptalk1404809614020.jpg

I prefer Digital Alarm Clock by Zabamobile for my alarm app. 1 thing I really like is that you can specify a date for an alarm. This lets you create a future alarm that is further out than 6 days 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

So I'm pretty simple with my choices for weather app and have been using the Weather Channel's weather app (I'm happy as long as I can see what the temperature is outside...).

For alarm clocks though I got a bit fancier and use the Hale Dreamer Alarm Clock (it technically was designed to be used with a Hale Speaker but almost everything works without it). I chose it for it's sleek design and nixie tube look, SmartSilence (a feature that screens your calls/texts etc and at least for the first two sends messages to the caller saying your busy and asking if its an emergency), Nap Timer and Sleep Sounds. It just kind of had everything I might need in one app...
    Here are some screenshots of setting an alarm and the nixie tubes. What weather and clock app?-screenshot_2014-07-11-10-06-40.jpgWhat weather and clock app?-screenshot_2014-07-11-10-07-45.png

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

I have just started using xwidget for clocks and weather lots of options to choose/download from

HD Widgets just added a new parameter on their weather widget for people in hot climates like Phoenix.

I use Transparent Clock & Weather widget. Works really well. For alarm, I just use the stock alarm.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

My device is the Samsung Galaxy S5. My clock is the standard digital clock. I have two different weather apps I've been using for years, going back to my BlackBerry device days: Be Weather & My Cast Weather and love them both.

I use the lg g3 weather pretty cool

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What weather and clock app?-screenshot_2014-08-03-01-48-42.jpg  

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I don't have much on my main home screen so I still use the stock one. Besides if I don't use it I don't get weather on my lockscreen and I like seeing it there. I just make the stock weather / clock widget transparent so it doesn't look that big since I can see my wallpaper through it.
    Seems you like DODGE

Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Seems you like DODGE

Lol, Hemi all the way, that's how I roll...

Beautiful Widgets all the way... Stock alarm.

What weather and clock app?-screenshot_2014-08-03-07-30-37.jpg
    GC736 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast