Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error "-24" and now Google Play Store vanished

As a new iPhone to Android user, I'm not happy right now. I'm having my second problem with this error, which started two weeks ago. The first time, I did a factory reset, and while that fixed the problem, it was aggravation to get my phone (Galaxy S5) back to the way I wanted it. I got the error again yesterday while trying to download an App, which I had previously tried to download and got the message "Insufficient Storage", which was not the case because I still have 7GB open. So, I got this info this morning on YouTube............Go into your applications tab, and clear the cache and data in the Google services framework application, and uninstall updates and clear the data on the play store application, as well. After doing this, my Google Play Store has completely vanished. It said it was going to "Restore To Factory Version", but it's not in my App Drawer. I haver a feeling this has everything to do with KitKat. Is there a way to go back to Jelly Bean, which I've never had any trouble with on my Galaxy Tab 3?

Global Posts
    17,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Error "-24" and now Google Play Store vanished

The S5 can't go to Jelly Bean as there is no Jelly Bean OS for that device. What you did, to my knowledge, shouldn't have deleted the Play Store, but I am not doubting you that it is gone.

As of right now, you have a few options:

1. You can try sideloading the Play Store .apk to your device.

2. You can try to reflash a stock ROM using your PC and Odin.

3. You can call either your carrier or Samsung and see what they might be able to do.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Are you using the stock launcher? This usually gave me problems with 'vanishing' apps on the S4. To know for sure if the app is really gone (which, unless you're rooted, really CAN'T be uninstalled) is go into the Google app (or even the S-Finder if you wish, but I prefer Google Now), type "Play" but don't hit the search button and a list with Play apps should come up, just select Play there.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Kinda sounds Like you disabled the Play store. Go into applications and tab over to the disabled/turned off tab and see if it shows up on that list.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by slackerjack View Post
    Kinda sounds Like you disabled the Play store. Go into applications and tab over to the disabled/turned off tab and see if it shows up on that list.

I don't think this app can be disabled... can it?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Typed "Play" in S-Finder and all the Google Apps come up, but not the Google Play Store. And yes, I'm using TouchWiz.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No Disabled/Turned Off tab on the Galaxy S5 in Applications Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin5005 View Post
    Typed "Play" in S-Finder and all the Google Apps come up, but not the Google Play Store. And yes, I'm using TouchWiz.
    Have you tried it in the Google app (Google Now)? Maybe if TouchWiz is somehow 'hiding' the app, it won't show up in S-Finder.

I'm really baffled since this is a 'system' app...

Uh..sure there is...unless your using some forked ROM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error "-24" and now Google Play Store vanished-screenshot_2014-07-07-19-45-41.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I don't think this app can be disabled... can it?
    Looks like it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error "-24" and now Google Play Store vanished-screenshot_2014-07-07-19-47-33.jpg  

Have you tried seeing if you have apps hidden in the app drawer? Click the ... then it's here. Or even the disabled apps hidden.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error "-24" and now Google Play Store vanished-screenshot_2014-07-07-20-14-33.jpg