Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Really odd camera/gallery problem

So I have my galaxy S5 and frankly I'm finding the camera incredibly poor. When I take a shot in auto the colours are incredibly washed out. BUT when I close the app, it momentarily changes back to glorious amazing colour!! It's crazy. They appear perfect only when I'm closing the picture!
    Any help with this would be great as I'm seriously thinking of dumping the galaxy and going back to my Lumia as photos are important to me with three young kids!

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

Default Re: Really odd camera/gallery problem

Welcome to Android Central! Are the photos actually saving with washed out colors? How do they look if you transfer the photos to your computer, or upload them to a cloud service like Google+?

Also, make sure your camera isn't using any kind of filter (like sepia, for example).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes it's exactly the same on or off camera. No filters are on when I use the camera. It's just such a weird issue as I momentarily see the quality of the camera, but can't make the pictures save like that

It's worth calling Samsung about this. A number of S5's were shipped with defective cameras, and although your description doesn't match the known problem, it might be a precursor. Samsung says only a few*Galaxy S5 cameras are defective - GSMArena.com news