Distorted and Flickering Issue

Cyntic

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to forum and will be hanging out a lot more now that I discovered this site. I had just bought new S5 after having the S3 for a while. Now the first day I had it, there was no issues and I got all my apps installed. The second day of having it, later on that day I was playing "Clash of Clans" don't judge:p and basically while playing it the screen started acting very strange, almost as if it was a video/hardware issue, it was distorted and overlapping, things that should be in one area were above another area and it just looked strange so I exited the game and closed it down, but then my screen kept doing it now outside the game and eventually the whole middle of the screen was black except the top and bottom which were distorted still. I took out the battery and put it back in and it stayed the same. After a while it returned to normal by itself, now everything is fine except I get random screen flickering when texting or changing pages it'll still cause weird display glitches. I have uninstalled clash of clans since then and rebooted and the issue persists. I'm wondering more of if this is a hardware issue or software issue? I barely have anything on it so I don't want to FDR and eventually have the same issue after my 14days are up to return it.

TL;DR: My new S5 has weird flickering going on every time I text or change from one section to another no matter what it may be. Worst situation was the whole screen staying black except at the very top and bottom even after battery removal. Is it software or hardware issue?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to forum and will be hanging out a lot more now that I discovered this site. I had just bought new S5 after having the S3 for a while. Now the first day I had it, there was no issues and I got all my apps installed. The second day of having it, later on that day I was playing "Clash of Clans" don't judge:p and basically while playing it the screen started acting very strange, almost as if it was a video/hardware issue, it was distorted and overlapping, things that should be in one area were above another area and it just looked strange so I exited the game and closed it down, but then my screen kept doing it now outside the game and eventually the whole middle of the screen was black except the top and bottom which were distorted still. I took out the battery and put it back in and it stayed the same. After a while it returned to normal by itself, now everything is fine except I get random screen flickering when texting or changing pages it'll still cause weird display glitches. I have uninstalled clash of clans since then and rebooted and the issue persists. I'm wondering more of if this is a hardware issue or software issue? I barely have anything on it so I don't want to FDR and eventually have the same issue after my 14days are up to return it.

TL;DR: My new S5 has weird flickering going on every time I text or change from one section to another no matter what it may be. Worst situation was the whole screen staying black except at the very top and bottom even after battery removal. Is it software or hardware issue?

I'm almost convinced you need to exchange your phone....sorry.

Cyntic

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm almost convinced you need to exchange your phone....sorry.
Yeah, I'm going to go to the Tmobile store today, I was just wondering if anybody might have experienced this. I looked on the web no one mentioned this issue so far, so I'm going on it's a hardware issue.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Really sorry man. I had to exchange mine for another reason the first week. It made me sad but the one I have now is awesome. You don't want a iffy phone. You're doing the right thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21