- 2 Posts
Distorted and Flickering Issue
Hey guys, I'm new to forum and will be hanging out a lot more now that I discovered this site. I had just bought new S5 after having the S3 for a while. Now the first day I had it, there was no issues and I got all my apps installed. The second day of having it, later on that day I was playing "Clash of Clans" don't judge and basically while playing it the screen started acting very strange, almost as if it was a video/hardware issue, it was distorted and overlapping, things that should be in one area were above another area and it just looked strange so I exited the game and closed it down, but then my screen kept doing it now outside the game and eventually the whole middle of the screen was black except the top and bottom which were distorted still. I took out the battery and put it back in and it stayed the same. After a while it returned to normal by itself, now everything is fine except I get random screen flickering when texting or changing pages it'll still cause weird display glitches. I have uninstalled clash of clans since then and rebooted and the issue persists. I'm wondering more of if this is a hardware issue or software issue? I barely have anything on it so I don't want to FDR and eventually have the same issue after my 14days are up to return it.
TL;DR: My new S5 has weird flickering going on every time I text or change from one section to another no matter what it may be. Worst situation was the whole screen staying black except at the very top and bottom even after battery removal. Is it software or hardware issue?
- 07-08-2014, 03:42 PM #2
- 07-08-2014, 03:55 PM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2014, 02:58 AM
- By RaysBucsBolts in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2014, 04:03 PM
- By NoFaQ in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:34 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 10:24 AM