- 7 Posts
Galaxy S5 only charge when powered off
I only had my GS5 for 2-3 Months now, and it's not charging right. When it's powered on it say it's charging but just decrease.
I have to turn it off to get a charge, but it charge very, very slowly. Overnight it is only 60% at the most.
I've tried bending the pins up, Nothing. I've did two factory reset, nothing. I am getting very frustrating. This is a expensive new phone that shouldn't be having problems early on.
I have the original charger and battery. Haven't dropped it. No eater damage. Why is this happening. My port shouldn't be damaged either as I said a brand new expensive phone, that port better be top notch..
I really don't want to send it in. How can I fix this?
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-05-2014, 11:36 AM #2
- 4 Posts
Re: Galaxy S5 only charge when powered off
I too am having the same issue. If the phone is on, it doesn't charge. My S5 is also only 3 months old. It will charge when its off, but very slow and a warning message states that i am not using the original charger and to use the original charger for faster charging. I am using the OEM charger though. My wife also has the Galaxy S5, so i tried her charger and that gave same results. Anybody know how to fix this issue? Verizon is not much help at all. They say its manufacturers issue and that its not there problem. Any help would be much appreciated. I am going to factory reset it and see if that helps. I will let you know my findings.
- 12-05-2014, 01:02 PM #3
- By mush10 in forum Android WearReplies: 15Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:57 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
- By Brandon Flakes in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:25 PM
- By fulleraj in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
- By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:04 PM