Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked screen question.

So today I dropped my s5 with a spigen tough armor case on it. I guess it must have hit the corner because the crack starts right next to the front facing camera and has three lines spreading across the rest of the phone. I was going to replace it myself but Does the glass actually cost $180 to get why so expensive

Default Re: Cracked screen question.

The glass is cheap (under $10), glass plus digitizer assembly is expensive ($170 and up) according to a quick search on Amazon
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How do I no if I need a digitizer though. That was my next question. What parts would I need

Default Re: Cracked screen question.

If the touch screen still functions you could probably get away with just the glass. Although it's easier to replace as an assembly. I would suggest watching some YouTube videos on replacing the glass to get familiar with the procedure. There may not be any for the S5 yet, don't know haven't really looked, but the s4 should be similar enough to give you an idea of what's involved and what to expect.