no menu, can't share apps!

eyeBite

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What else? Having no menu sucks plus I can't share apps! Ugh! This phone is cool but irritating. Any suggestions to share an app?

Posted via Android Central App

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by sharing an app? I've never done that before so I'm unsure about the option to do so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
See my attached screenshot for reference. For sharing apps, are you talking about that button at the top of the screen that's on the left and circled in red?

And no, the S5, like all modern Android phones, does not exactly have a dedicated menu button. Most apps, however, include them in the app itself. For example, the menu button for the Play Store is on the right in the screenshot and circled in blue. I think most apps use those three dots, or something similar, for the in-app menu. Alternatively, you can press and hold the dedicated multitasking button (the one to the left of your home button) with any app open and that will also pop up the menu.

2014-07-09 02.26.40.jpg

eyeBite

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok...so I see . Thank you. I have to go to app store to share. Ok. Thank u! Coming from HTC rezound and truly still miss it.

Posted via Android Central App

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Glad I could help you sort out these issues. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll come to love the S5 once you use it more and become more accustomed to its quirks and features. That's how it often seems to go with new tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci