Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pictures Keep Disappearing...........

I have had the Galaxy S5 for about three weeks now, and each day I get closer and closer to trashing it. Actually, I guess I shouldn't blame the phone, I have a feeling it's the OS (KitKat); nothing but continual problems. Now my photos keep disappearing from the Gallery. The first time it happened when when I turned my phone on in the morning, every photo was gone. It's happened two more times since then, but only select ones, and they all seem to have been attachments that I sent to myself from my laptop. I have attached a screenshot of what is there now where the photo was. You guys out there are pretty savvy, so this may be an easy one for you. Thanks!Pictures Keep Disappearing...........-screenshot.jpg

Default Re: Pictures Keep Disappearing...........

Looks like a classic SD Card issue (S3's and S4's had the issue too, mainly with SanDisk), my wife's S5 had the same thing when I just popped her microSD Card (non-SanDisk) in from her S3. My suggestion, back up ANYTHING you have on the card to a PC. Format the microSD card in your phone, then move items back if you want them on your phone, USB 3.0 cable connected to the computer. Then going forward I suggest a cloud drive app that allows camera uploads automatically. I use Microsoft's OneDrive because it bumped up my free storage, but I have Dropbox, Box, Copy, Drive, and Mega, so I'm not particiular, nor do all of them have auto-upload. BTW, I have a SanDisk 16GB MicroSD card, mine didn't have an issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the quick reply...........but, I don't have an SD card yet, so this is just the phone's storage. But, I'll go ahead and activate my DropBox to backup all my photos. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin5005 View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply...........but, I don't have an SD card yet, so this is just the phone's storage. But, I'll go ahead and activate my DropBox to backup all my photos. Thanks!
    Sorry, I shouldn't assume. Might try a factory reset, which I know is a pain because you have to reorganize apps. If that still doesn't work, if you are within the return policy, I'd suggest taking it back to where you get it.