System Update Notification

MrJBot

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Every time I restart my phone and sometimes randomly, I get a notification on the taskbar that says "System Update." Does anyone know why or how to get rid of it?

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-33-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-33-55.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 98

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It started showing after the recent WiFi calling system update, I can't find the other post where it was discussed but it seems to disappear about 30-60 seconds after the phone starts. I think it's possibly searching for updates but can't say for sure. I know Sprint Zone doesn't think I have the NE5 update but I do, that may have something to do with it.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
If you have the option to automatically check for updates that could be what you're seeing. I see it on mine as well.

Posted via Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
i had mines updated from tmobile and the phone became very hot and battery was draining. After awhile, it cools down and becomes normal again. I dont know what is going on when the updates are being applied.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My update was the NE5 and it was pretty much just the Wi-Fi calling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Last edited:

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
i had mines updated from tmobile and the phone became very hot and battery was draining. After awhile, it cools down and becomes normal again. I dont know what is going on when the updates are being applied.

Your phone got which update? The VoLTE update? Cause I'm having the same issue

Posted via Android Central App

MrJBot

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the long delay in replying back. It still does it, but reading what you guys have said I guess I'll have to live with it. No biggie!