Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Samsung email vs gmail app

Regarding my S5.....If you have a gmail account, do you have to use the gmail app or is it better to use the Samsung email app that comes with the S5. I'm not quite sure what differentiates the two..other than Google and Samsung. Appreciate anyone's practical advice. Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung email vs gmail app

Both work obviously, but neither of them made themselves useful to me.

I Disabled both of them and now use Blue Mail which runs circles around the both of those children.

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play
    MacroDroid extends your battery life.
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    OTA updates via WiFi only:
    my WiFi is permanently OFF until Verizon fixes 5.0

Second one for Blue Mail.

Very good app and one of very few that deletes imap and pop emails off the server as well as the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Third one for Blue Mail. Very nice email client.

Hey guys after reading your messages I downloaded Blue mail to my s5 and its amazingly makes different from Samsung email. In Blue mail I can able to open an email in mill secs and in Samsung email it take few sec to open the email. I need one small help. I want to setup my office Microsoft exchange server in Blue mail. Can you provide few steps how to setup. I tried as Others while creating email account and it shows server details. There I am getting error as Invalid store URI. I am not sure whats the wrong I am doing.
    Thanks
    Vinny

The Samsung and Gmail apps are garbage. I use AquaMail and it is 10X better than either of them. Never heard of Blue Mail.

Hi Abosworth007,
    I tried Aquamail and even using that also I am not able to setup my office mail (Microsoft Exchange). Any idea if you have already setup urs.

This is the error i am getting
    Exchange mail server (EWS): Invalid server response. HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. )

Please make sure the data is correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvklovesu View Post
    Hi Abosworth007,
    I tried Aquamail and even using that also I am not able to setup my office mail (Microsoft Exchange). Any idea if you have already setup urs.

This is the error i am getting
    Exchange mail server (EWS): Invalid server response. HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. )

Please make sure the data is correct.

Thanks
    Are you sure you're using the correct server name? You might need to chat with your IT manager at work and get the server name and all the correct info from him/her. I have my work email set up on my phone but it is not an exchange account. I had an exchange account on my phone from my old job and remember needing to talk to the IT guy to get the right info.

Sure, I will check with my service desk

Do a manual set up and show the guy the pieces of info you need. He'll probably know all if it off the top of his head.

Did you get this sorted out?

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH007 View Post
    Did you get this sorted out?
    I checked with my IT desk and they even gave me same settings that I am using. Still have issues. I tried on both Blue mail and Aquamail. Both saying cannot connect to server. But all details I gave are same in samsung email app. I verified the exchange settings and both are same
    <a href='http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=8Z07WEjdut40GieDLglehA%3D%3D'>Get up to 26% extra cash back online shopping</a>

I tried bluemail but it can't send any emails from my gmail a/c at work, receives ok, as my workplace blocks certain ports i guess, however sending does work from the gmail app :s