Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Kies 3 "unknown error" when syncing Outlook 2007 calendar to S5

I've searched the threads and found similar issues but no good solution.

Kies 3 always crashes with an "Unknown Error" when trying to sync my Outlook 2007 calendar. Contacts and Tasks sync okay.

I've literally spent hours on the phone with Samsung (lack of) technical support with no resolution. They are in fact blaming Outlook claiming that this "Unknown Error" is an Outlook error and not a Kies 3 error (I doubt that). Their other suggestion is a factory reset on the phone which I don't want to do or to try another PC.

Using Windows 7 Pro, latest updates to Kies 3 and latest firmware updated today on the phone.

Any solutions? If not, alternatives to Kies that are free?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Kies 3 "unknown error" when syncing Outlook 2007 calendar to S5

I'm Having a similar problem with mine . keis 3 this say I don't have Outlook installed . Bull I've got Outlook 2013 on my laptop. Seems Keis 3 is junk

Default Re: Samsung Kies 3 "unknown error" when syncing Outlook 2007 calendar to S5

I get the same message when trying to sync new Galaxy 5S with Outlook 2013 using kies3. Is there any other good sync program?

Quote Originally Posted by hiforman View Post
    Kies 3 always crashes with an "Unknown Error" when trying to sync my Outlook 2007 calendar.
    I recommend AkrutoSync as best Kies alternative. While not free ($30 after free trial), it offers lots of advantages, such as easy, direct and automatic sync using Android’s native apps. Best of all, it just works.

Since Kies 3 update (around end July) I can't sync Outlook schedule with my Galaxy Note 10-2014 and get the same 'unknown error' message.. However contacts sync perfectly. Aslo Kies 1 still syncs contacts and schedule with Outlook. Outlook problem? I think not. Kies has other problems, like removing items for no apparent reason (especially recurring items if one instance is amended). About time Samsung and its associates got this fixed.

Hi Hiforman,

I have had the same problem.
    When ever I try to sync my Note 3 calendar with Outlook 2013 calendar Kies 3 crashed with an "Unknown Error" message.

I have found the following to fix the issue.

1. Open the Control Panel
    2. Go to Mail
    3. Under the Profiles section click Show Profiles
    4. Select the "Prompt for a profile to be used" option.

if you already have the option in section 4 selected, try selecting the "Always use this Profile", run Kies and see if the problem is resolved.
    this worked for me.

Hi,

Recently bought a Samsung Grand Prime and faced with the problem of 'Unknown Error' and Kies 3 crashing whenever I tried to Sync with my Ms Outlook.
    I have Windows 7 and MS Office 2013.
    Solved the issue as under:-
    Go to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs
    Select 'Outlook' from the left side drop menu and click on 'Set this as default' and click 'OK'
    Restart computer. run Kies -3 and the problem was gone and was able to sync my outlook data with my mobile phone

regards

Another solution that worked for me was to change the setting for Calender sync from "All schemas" to "Marked schema folder" (may be called something similar in the English version - I run in my local language).
    /Sten