Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Phone" app draining battery

Hey All,

This happens occasionally, but I can't seem to figure out the root cause of it. My phone for some reason gets into a state that keeps it awake constantly, and it chews through my battery life. Does anyone know what aspects the "Phone" app encompasses, as this seems to be the culprit, even though I haven't called/texted anyone at all today. It seems Android OS app is keeping it awake for over and hour, and Android System is keeping it awake for over 3 hours, however, the battery life seems to be mainly coming from the "Phone" and not these apps, how does this work?

"Phone" app draining battery-battery.jpg
    "Phone" app draining battery-battery2.jpg
    "Phone" app draining battery-battery3.jpg

Thanks

Default Re: "Phone" app draining battery

I don't know what may be causing that. But what I see in your stats that is curious is that wifi shuts off at the same time the awake time goes into full on. I also notice what looks like a wifi calling icon in your notification bar, could be related...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: "Phone" app draining battery

Ah good catch! I do have Wifi calling enabled, so perhaps it keeps trying to search for wifi or something. I thought it would just switch to wifi if/when connected. I'll try disabling it for a week or so to see if it stops this issue from reoccurring. Thanks!