Phone in car

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes setup car mode, once its done and paired to the car, every time you get in your car it will switch back into car mode, well it does in my car. Unfortunately it doesn't turn it off when you get out of your car, so you have to do that manually.

I don't bother with it much i just turn on bluetooth to use the handsfree in my car.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I leave bluetooth on and I use the bluetooth in my car to let my phone know that it's in the car and adjust the audio settings. If you turn bluetooth off, how else could the car know where it is? (My ATT S5 doesn't have "car mode", so I don't know how that works or what the options are.)

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I leave bluetooth on and I use the bluetooth in my car to let my phone know that it's in the car and adjust the audio settings. If you turn bluetooth off, how else could the car know where it is? (My ATT S5 doesn't have "car mode", so I don't know how that works or what the options are.)

Btooth drains battery, so most people turn it off until they need it and get into their car. When you turn it back on if the car mode has been setup then it automatically goes into car mode, which gives navigation, handsfree etc. Again not much point unless you have a holder of some sorts.

ziva2006

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
You could also research the Samsung TecTile NFC tags. Place them in various places (car) and program them to turn on Bluetooth (or other various things) for that purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Install Lama. Make a profile and set a condition based around your car...
- When specific bluetooth device is detected/connected
- When GPS in use
...activate [App Name here]

It's what I use to regulate my phone when I'm home, at work, driving, or asleep.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
- When GPS in use

It's what I use to regulate my phone when I'm home, at work, driving, or asleep.

I use something similar... but if bluetooth is already off, how can the device detect another bluetooth device (like your car)?

- - - Updated - - -

Btooth drains battery, so most people turn it off until they need it and get into their car. When you turn it back on if the car mode has been setup then it automatically goes into car mode, which gives navigation, handsfree etc. Again not much point unless you have a holder of some sorts.

So you manually turn it off/on?

Last edited:

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2014 Ford Explorer and it knows automatically when I get in the car and syncs with my Galaxy S5.

Karleen77

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Does the bluetooth needs to say on at all times for Lama to work?

- When GPS in use

Karleen77

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting mix info... do the TecTiles work with the S5?

You could also research the Samsung TecTile NFC tags. Place them in various places (car) and program them to turn on Bluetooth (or other various things) for that purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Does the bluetooth needs to say on at all times for Lama to work?

It depends on how you set up the profile. Lama is a blank slate, so you tell it what to do.
For me, I have a single toggle on my home screen. I press it and it initiates Lama to activate Bluetooth and establish a connection to my car. If it gets a connection it opens the app Spotify and the music begins (among a few other things). If after 2min it isn't able to connect to the car's bluetooth, it turns bluetooth off and goes back to a previous state.

It's a program that's only limited by the user and his/her imagination. I have a toggle, but I have used it in the past as an automatic program, but again, it eats through battery because every X number of minutes it checks to see where it is, what it's connected to, and what it can connect to. So again, it's up to you and your imagination.

If you're looking for a quick install program that just works, Lama will not be for you. It takes manual set up, but it pays off in the end.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I use something similar... but if bluetooth is already off, how can the device detect another bluetooth device (like your car)?

- - - Updated - - -

So you manually turn it off/on?

Yes, its only 1 tap... Or if you are too lazy to do that then you can use something like Lama as mentioned, or the battery doctor scheduler.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital