Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jmagid51
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reinstall default apps w/o factory reset

Just curious if there's a way to re-install the factory default apps without doing a factory reset and losing info/data.
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Reinstall default apps w/o factory reset

Counter question: Are you having trouble with an app, or do you not like one of the updates?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Counter question: Are you having trouble with an app, or do you not like one of the updates?
    No issues or problems. A "smart" friend was trying to 'show me something' and uninstalled a handful of apps, some of which were the stock apps that I simply prefer to use over other apps.

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by theonlybuster View Post
    No issues or problems. A "smart" friend was trying to 'show me something' and uninstalled a handful of apps, some of which were the stock apps that I simply prefer to use over other apps.
    Ok. Which apps are you referring to? Are you rooted?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Ok. Which apps are you referring to? Are you rooted?
    Still running stock at the moment... The Clock/Weather app, Messenger (honestly not a big deal), Wifi-Calling, ugh there's another but I can't think at the moment. But the main was the Wifi-Calling, the others I can manage without.

I've done it with a few apps like the stock message when it seemed the app was flakey

I went to APPLICATIONS MANAGER, found the app, cleared cache and data. It came back with no issues and is now working fine. No reset needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlybuster View Post
    Many of the pre-installed apps can't be totally uninstalled but can only be disabled (turned off). Go into settings, application manager, swipe all the way over to the "turned off" tab and look for the apps there. If you find them, just select them and turn them back on.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.