Galaxy s5 Crappy forward facing camera :(

Pneeleysmom

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This was straight out of the box, I got the phone yesterday and rebooted this morning. I had the Galaxy S3 previously and took photos side by side and the comparison is very dissapointing to say the least!

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I had to have my original S5 replaced because my front facing camera was like a half moon.. The top of it was all black and not working. It looked like my camera had slipped

Pneeleysmom

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with the s5's cameras. I love the rear camera.

Posted via Android Central App

Not a great comparison, but the Galaxy S3 is the first pic and the S5 is the 2nd...for this to be a "Better" phone, or an "upgrade" this camera STINKS! The photos are grey and pixelated. Definitely missing depth and Contrast!

a14f4521-c693-4530-861f-f0f3d26cc0cc.jpg
[/IMG]

d35a486c-6b33-4585-a0a0-180b7b400bbb.jpg
[/IMG]

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
20140711_110014.jpg

This is my first time taking a pic using a front camera.....curious, why use the front camera when the rear is the better one?

Anyways, I'm okay with it....btw my eyes are not always this squinty. lol.

Pneeleysmom

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 127079

This is my first time taking a pic using a front camera.....curious, why use the front camera when the rear is the better one?

Anyways, I'm okay with it....btw my eyes are not always this squinty. lol.

Well, if you want to take a pic of yourself with friends, it's kind of hard to do when you can't see what you're doing :) To me, it looks much more like a webcam pic. Nothing close to the S3.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you want to take a pic of yourself with friends, it's kind of hard to do when you can't see what you're doing :) To me, it looks much more like a webcam pic. Nothing close to the S3.

Not necessarily. I have voice control turned on so I don't have to see the shutter icon. I simply point the rear facing camera at us and say "Smile" or "Shoot" or any of the other keywords and it snaps a pic. Sure some pics you won't have perfectly centered, but the rear camera plus having flash makes for better photos. I never use the front camera unless I Skype. And come to think of it I really never Skype on my phone anyhow.

Rev.

Pneeleysmom

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. I have voice control turned on so I don't have to see the shutter icon. I simply point the rear facing camera at us and say "Smile" or "Shoot" or any of the other keywords and it snaps a pic. Sure some pics you won't have perfectly centered, but the rear camera plus having flash makes for better photos. I never use the front camera unless I Skype. And come to think of it I really never Skype on my phone anyhow

Rev.

These are great suggestions, however, I still don't understand how we went to a obvious downgrade on the rear facing camera from the Galaxy S3.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
These are great suggestions, however, I still don't understand how we went to a obvious downgrade on the rear facing camera from the Galaxy S3.

You mean front facing no? Because the rear camera is definitely far superior to the S3 without a doubt. I had the S3 for two years btw. Jon Jackson's front facing photo above looks pretty damn good to me. I think the biggest problem is the wide angle lens for the front camera distorting faces heavily when not perfectly centered.

Rev.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Not a great comparison, but the Galaxy S3 is the first pic and the S5 is the 2nd...for this to be a "Better" phone, or an "upgrade" this camera STINKS! The photos are grey and pixelated. Definitely missing depth and Contrast!

[url]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/Mpeek2006/a14f4521-c693-4530-861f-f0f3d26cc0cc.jpg[/url]

[url]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/Mpeek2006/d35a486c-6b33-4585-a0a0-180b7b400bbb.jpg[/url]

You can set the picture quality by using the options. You can make it darker, light, etc in the option menu. There are many option in the camera, you just gotta play with it. You can also youtube s5 camera and they have tutorials if you need it.