is there a way to lock the camera settings?

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I want to shoot video in "smooth motion" mode and at -1 exposure setting, but every time i return back to the camera app it's defaulted back to "normal mode" and 0 exposure.

Is there a way to lock my settings permanently, until i chose to unlock them?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I want to shoot video in "smooth motion" mode and at -1 exposure setting, but every time i return back to the camera app it's defaulted back to "normal mode" and 0 exposure.

Is there a way to lock my settings permanently, until i chose to unlock them?

Most settings do stick, but I too have found the 60p (smooth motion) does not stick and it's rather annoying. Now I have to change the settings every time before I start a video since I shoot everything across all my cameras in 60p. Not the end of the world, but I've had to stop a recording and retake once I realized I forgot to change the setting once or twice.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
so i take it that theres no way to make these setting stick? not even with a 3rd party app if one existed that is.

I searched around online and couldn't find any way to make the settings stick, even posted about it on here a few months back or so. As for 3rd party apps, I have no idea. I'd imagine a 3rd party app would need to be specially made for the S5 for it to have its specific settings available, never bothered to check in the app store.

Rev.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I go through the settings each time I'm going to set up to take pictures. Most stick but there is always the one that doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with a rep from Samsung and was told they were working on a way to make sure all settings would stick. It's not only the camera as they seem to imply it was a general problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This is not an answer to your problem, but as an FYI in case you did not know, the three quick setting toggles on the left can be replaced with any of the settings in the large menu by dragging the setting from the menu onto one of the toggles. In your case, I would put "Recording Mode" and "Exposure" in your quick settings so you don't have to go into the menu every time.

so i take it that theres no way to make these setting stick? not even with a 3rd party app if one existed that is.