Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Jumping ship to LG G3?

Idk I think the screen is better on the g3. The soft and as people say washed out look is very soft on the eyes. I read allot on my phone every day and after a few hours my eyes start to burn a bit on the s5 . With the g3 the detail especially in written text is amazing and at the end of the day my eyes thank me.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    GrooveRite and ffejjj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Idk I think the screen is better on the g3. The soft and as people say washed out look is very soft on the eyes. I read allot on my phone every day and after a few hours my eyes start to burn a bit on the s5 . With the g3 the detail especially in written text is amazing and at the end of the day my eyes thank me.

Or you might just have old eyes like me, lol! j/k Seriously though, I know what you're saying because although I did enjoy and miss the Amoled screens of my Sammy devices, I'm learning to appreciate the G3's screen for what it is and brings to me eyes.

I can say that the s5 beats the g3 in bench marks. I would wait until September and go to the note 4. That is an upgrade. Going to to the g3 to me is just making a lateral move. Just my opinion. I have had the m8, g2, note 3. And by far the S5 rules the school for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    H A W K likes this.

Here is some good reading ... enjoy

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g3-...sung-galaxy-s5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I think the G3 is one of the best phones out right now but would I switch???

Probably not.

If you have the S5 or M8 it's a lateral move. Yes I think the G3 is better but marginally.

Just my 02$

It had 32gb of memory and 3gb ram, which what the s5 should have had

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    My point is that side by side, the S5 screen is quite noticably brighter, more contrasty and simply more vivid. The G3 screen is washed out and dull looking in comparison. And the differences become even more magnified when you move your eyes even the slightest degree off axis with the G3. The S5 screen looks essentially the same from any viewing angle.
    Plus, the s5 screen goes much dimmer

Quote Originally Posted by tdub90 View Post
    Only con I have is the fact that I can't see anything outside in the sun.. I hear the one m8 or g3 conquered this.... And I have not touched the finger print heart rate in the back since I got the phone... 3 months now

The s5 is the best phone for direct sunlight viewing out there currently

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    It had 32gb of memory and 3gb ram, which what the s5 should have had

Plus, the s5 screen goes much dimmer

The s5 is the best phone for direct sunlight viewing out there currently

-Sent from Tapatalk
    My P-OLED would like to chat with your AMOLED about this topic in that empty park over there >·>

Well, jokes aside the S5 is not superbly far ahead in bright light...however it *does* have one of the better ambient light matching methods which is a great feature in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    My P-OLED would like to chat with your AMOLED about this topic in that empty park over there >·>

Well, jokes aside the S5 is not superbly far ahead in bright light...however it *does* have one of the better ambient light matching methods which is a great feature in itself.
    what phone do you have?

Best display for outdoor use comparison: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8 vs Apple iPhone 5s vs Note 3 vs the rest

as you can see, the s5 is FAR superior to any phone on that list

32 Gb of memory and 3 Gb of ram.

Back in the day we put a man on the moon with 28KW of memory and 5 Mb of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    32 Gb of memory and 3 Gb of ram.

Back in the day we put a man on the moon with 28KW of memory and 5 Mb of storage.

Now we can all read reddit and post pictures from our pockets!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

That is not the three base model. The base modle has 16 GB of internal storage and 2 GB of ram.

Posted from my S5
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    That is not the three base model. The base modle has 16 GB of internal storage and 2 GB of ram.

Posted from my S5
    That one is not the U.S.variant..all carriers here have the 32/3

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    That one is not the U.S.variant..all carriers here have the 32/3

Oh I see. In the UK the base model is the 16 GB variant.

Posted from my S5
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    what phone do you have?

Best display for outdoor use comparison: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8 vs Apple iPhone 5s vs Note 3 vs the rest

as you can see, the s5 is FAR superior to any phone on that list
    Just like er...hatchetjob? I have a Flex. The most enviable property of the S5 is the lower minimum brightness.

PhoneArena, nice...a reviewer in the bottom 10% of accountability. Those are the greasiest, nastiest screens I have ever seen photographed. Ever. All the phones are canted at different angles, bits of grass intrude across a few of them. It looks like an Ebay listing for eight stolen cellphones....

It is hard to tell but the Note 3 looks good there too, and in some ways the iPhone 5S screen has what look like more accurate dark shades. You can really see the highly inaccurate hue shifting on the S5 also, coupled with the oversaturation it is clearly readable but not pleasant to look at. If the photos had been taken with even a grain of skill, they wouldn't be a waste of time and opportunity.

The S5 does have an accomplished panel and a very good ambient light compensator, but even in those awful photos you can see that there is a price for what legibility it achieves.

More things to consider.

LG G3 and Galaxy S5 Drop Test! http://drippler.com/updates/share/lg...y-s5-drop-test Via j.mp/drippler_app

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    More things to consider.

LG G3 and Galaxy S5 Drop Test! http://drippler.com/updates/share/lg...y-s5-drop-test Via j.mp/drippler_app

That video sucks. Compare it with cases on.

-Sent from Tapatalk
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123