Jumping ship to LG G3?

tdub90

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Only con I have is the fact that I can't see anything outside in the sun.. I hear the one m8 or g3 conquered this.... And I have not touched the finger print heart rate in the back since I got the phone... 3 months now

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Only con I have is the fact that I can't see anything outside in the sun.. I hear the one m8 or g3 conquered this.... And I have not touched the finger print heart rate in the back since I got the phone... 3 months now

The S5 should be visible to a degree in direct sunlight, I mean the P-OLED in my Flex is fine under full sun...I should take a picture of that.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the G3 is one of the best phones out right now but would I switch???

Probably not.

If you have the S5 or M8 it's a lateral move. Yes I think the G3 is better but marginally.

Just my 02$

From all I've seen the GS5 has the better camera. Best camera so far of them all

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
To anyone considering the G3 I have one suggestion. Look at the two phone screens side by side. Forget specs or anything else. Just lay them down on a flat surface and look. Now move your head off axis to the left and then the right. Now look at the screens.

I think your decision will be made at this point.

Game, set, match.

You're right! G3 off axis is horrid. Wow!!

tdub90

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The S5 should be visible to a degree in direct sunlight, I mean the P-OLED in my Flex is fine under full sun...I should take a picture of that.

Yes it's somewhat there but I have to cover with my hand and try to slip into some shade when using it, I have a screen protector, maybe my brightness settings are affecting this. Either way I'm happy with the phone. First Droid ever.. jumped over from iPhone and never going back.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just saw the G3 for the first time.

Didn't realize how much I appreciated the richness and deepness of the amoled colors on my S5 until I saw the G3. The G3 has a great display, obviously, but is fainter and less pronounced than the S5's.

To me, that is enough reason not to switch to the G3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Once again the screen comes down to preference, we used to hear no SD card deal breaker, no removable battery deal breaker, not enough storage deal breaker, now its the screen is not oversaturated enough some people prefer a real looking screen Samsung loyalists just cannot face the fact LG has addressed most of the buyers needs.and has a great phone to offer the consumer.no phone is perfect.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Once again the screen comes down to preference, we used to hear no SD card deal breaker, no removable battery deal breaker, not enough storage deal breaker, now its the screen is not oversaturated enough some people prefer a real looking screen Samsung loyalists just cannot face the fact LG has addressed most of the buyers needs.and has a great phone to offer the consumer.no phone is perfect.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yes. To each his own.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Idk I think the screen is better on the g3. The soft and as people say washed out look is very soft on the eyes. I read allot on my phone every day and after a few hours my eyes start to burn a bit on the s5 . With the g3 the detail especially in written text is amazing and at the end of the day my eyes thank me.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Idk I think the screen is better on the g3. The soft and as people say washed out look is very soft on the eyes. I read allot on my phone every day and after a few hours my eyes start to burn a bit on the s5 . With the g3 the detail especially in written text is amazing and at the end of the day my eyes thank me.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Or you might just have old eyes like me, lol! j/k Seriously though, I know what you're saying because although I did enjoy and miss the Amoled screens of my Sammy devices, I'm learning to appreciate the G3's screen for what it is and brings to me eyes.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I can say that the s5 beats the g3 in bench marks. I would wait until September and go to the note 4. That is an upgrade. Going to to the g3 to me is just making a lateral move. Just my opinion. I have had the m8, g2, note 3. And by far the S5 rules the school for me.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the G3 is one of the best phones out right now but would I switch???

Probably not.

If you have the S5 or M8 it's a lateral move. Yes I think the G3 is better but marginally.

Just my 02$

It had 32gb of memory and 3gb ram, which what the s5 should have had

My point is that side by side, the S5 screen is quite noticably brighter, more contrasty and simply more vivid. The G3 screen is washed out and dull looking in comparison. And the differences become even more magnified when you move your eyes even the slightest degree off axis with the G3. The S5 screen looks essentially the same from any viewing angle.

Plus, the s5 screen goes much dimmer

The s5 is the best phone for direct sunlight viewing out there currently

-Sent from Tapatalk

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It had 32gb of memory and 3gb ram, which what the s5 should have had

Plus, the s5 screen goes much dimmer

The s5 is the best phone for direct sunlight viewing out there currently

-Sent from Tapatalk

My P-OLED would like to chat with your AMOLED about this topic in that empty park over there >·>

Well, jokes aside the S5 is not superbly far ahead in bright light...however it *does* have one of the better ambient light matching methods which is a great feature in itself.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My P-OLED would like to chat with your AMOLED about this topic in that empty park over there >·>

Well, jokes aside the S5 is not superbly far ahead in bright light...however it *does* have one of the better ambient light matching methods which is a great feature in itself.

what phone do you have?

Best display for outdoor use comparison: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8 vs Apple iPhone 5s vs Note 3 vs the rest

as you can see, the s5 is FAR superior to any phone on that list

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
32 Gb of memory and 3 Gb of ram.

Back in the day we put a man on the moon with 28KW of memory and 5 Mb of storage.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
32 Gb of memory and 3 Gb of ram.

Back in the day we put a man on the moon with 28KW of memory and 5 Mb of storage.

Now we can all read reddit and post pictures from our pockets!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678