Phone is slow. Major lag

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the S5 back in May. I liked it at first but lately it has been irritating to use. Its completely slowed down and there is major lag when scrolling through windows and even typing. I'm using google keyboard and I can easily type too fast for the keyboard to keep up with me. I always completely close progrs I'm not using and I went to application manager and closed all programs I didn't need running. I even restarted the phone a few times and nothing helps.

Why has the phone bogged down?

How can I fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing cache and see if the performance improves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you re-start the phone after clearing the cache?

Who is the carrier and what apps are you running?

How and what did you use to clear the cache?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
ART is another run time system available on the S5. I personally would not go there as the stock run time system Dalvik is a bit more solid. Let's try a few things but we may need to do a factory reset to get you back to normal. Not there yet though.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
True. YMMV.

I only had one issue because it's a stock app, Polaris 5 Office didn't work couldn't load PDF files but it's not a deal breaker.

Other than that, the battery and performance did improve a little. I would point out, before I switched I had NO ISSUES I just kept reading about ART so switched. :)

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
ART is not going to fix the original posters issue. I think it's a memory issue. We need to find a way to unstick what is in memory. I'll assume no apps like CleanMaster or the like is being used here and that could be the issue.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
ART is not going to fix the original posters issue. I think it's a memory issue. We need to find a way to unstick what is in memory. I'll assume no apps like CleanMaster or the like is being used here and that could be the issue.

If you have any app killer, clean master, ram cleaner, battery monitor,anti virus etc running, delete those apps, not only do you not need them, they slow your phone down.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
If you have any app killer, clean master, ram cleaner, battery monitor,anti virus etc running, delete those apps, not only do you not need them, they slow your phone down.

I don't have any of those apps installed. My phone is pretty stock. I have regular apps like twitter, tapatalk, and banking apps installed. But, I've closed them all. I have no idea why the phone is so slow but it's very strange.

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, people will disagree with me but I would install All-In-One Toolbox and let app cleanup the phone. If that doesn't work I would suggest a factory reset.

I ran with out All-In-One ToolBox and found my phone slowed to a crawl. ToolBox found almost 1Gb of junk files. It cleaned it up and now my device is running fine.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Installing a faster launcher works wonders. Try nova launcher if you haven't already done so.

Also I forgot in dev settings turn off animations and in the nova launcher settings set animation settings to faster than light. Hope this helps. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20