Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hands free Bluetooth

Hi, looking for some advice. My new galaxy s5 won't connect to the Bluetooth hands free system of my ford focus radio, reg 2008. My old s3 Worked fine on my car and so does other phones. Whilst trying to pair the phone to the car, On the phones Bluetooth settings I make the phone visible and scan for the ford audio system. The phone does pick up the ford audio. I then try to pair, the car should show a 4 figure code which the phone is requesting but nothing appears. Again this code did appear for my old s3 and does appear for other phones. I took this problem to my local ford dealership but they couldn't connect my phone either.
    My phone is picking up the ford audio Bluetooth, it seems the ford audio Bluetooth is not picking up my phone. Could this be due to the car being 6yrs old and having an old Bluetooth device, therefore do I need to change the Bluetooth in the car, if so which one should I get. Thank you all in advance.
    Leighton.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Default Re: Hands free Bluetooth

I don't have a Ford, but I know the Bluetooth on my Pioneer head unit can only store a certain number of Bluetooth connections. Have you checked to see if you can clear the paired devices from the stereo and then connect the phone?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Hands free Bluetooth

Thanks for the reply. I've unpaired, or debonded all other phones from the car. I've read some threads on here with people having same issues, it seems there is a problem with the latest version of android. Not sure what to do now, hope android put a fix in soon.