s5 seems slightly slower now

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The first two weeks with the phone were amazing. Everything was fast. Now 2 months in and it seems to have slowed some and has some lag. Nothing to serious. What is causing this? I haven't downloaded many apps since the start. Should I wipe the cache? How often should I do this? BTW I still love this phone!

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay so this is the second thread on this if changing to ART is not the solution, clear the Cache?

I don't have that much apps and from time to time I clear the App Data which also clears the Cache.

No issues, lags or slow downs and I had the S5 since launch.

Pro S5

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I still maintain that using an app like All-In-One ToolBox or the like, will help here and a side benefit of less "junk" is better battery performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay so this is the second thread on this if changing to ART is not the solution, clear the Cache?

I don't have that much apps and from time to time I clear the App Data which also clears the Cache.

Pro S5

Is there like a button that does all that in the phone? I have the apps that do it and I've read it does it on its own but of there is a setting to do that manually then I'd ditch the cleaner apps.

Posted via Nokia 6230 (I play snake)

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
For the tech savoy guys the method suggested by B. Diddy is the way to go. For the less tech savoy using the apps such as All-In-One ToolBox is the way to go ......

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
DacyJ, I found the button for you. I installed All-In-One Toolbox and they have a single button widget that does it all for those of us who don't have 3 hands

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Pro S5

Why do you think some people have good luck with ART and some people do not? I tried to use it and my phone reacted horribly, crashed, error messages, just horrible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think some people have good luck with ART and some people do not? I tried to use it and my phone reacted horribly, crashed, error messages, just horrible.

Most people who comment on ART on this forum have not had major problems on most phones (typically the Nexus devices). But some do have problems, like you. What phone do you have? ART seems to work best on Nexus devices, presumably because of the lack of manufacturer skin and bloatware.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Most people who comment on ART on this forum have not had major problems on most phones (typically the Nexus devices). But some do have problems, like you. What phone do you have? ART seems to work best on Nexus devices, presumably because of the lack of manufacturer skin and bloatware.

The S5. Doesn't seem to like ART at all.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
With the next major release of Android being based on ART as opposed to Dalvik should be interesting to see how the regular S5 plays.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With the next major release of Android being based on ART as opposed to Dalvik should be interesting to see how the regular S5 plays.

If and when the Android L update for the S5 comes out, be prepared for glitchy Armageddon.:'(

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing Carrier.

My S5 is from Bell, 900W8. It's not Rooter either (not into it).

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Backup all personal data as the factory reset will remove it all. And yes all settings will revert to original from the factory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand that personal data isn't removed but does the phone settings revert back to factory? IOW will I have to rearrange my phone and settings? Thanks

With a cache partition wipe, everything that you set up is left alone. What is wiped is the system's temporary data in the cache partition. This is not a factory reset.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463