Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    So, someone sends me a link to a web site and my phone always asks me if i want to use stock explorer or chrome......when I click on a pic there's multiple ways to open it , gallery, photo editer etc etc...

    So then it says go to default applications and when I do under my default is home/nova launcher and messages/messages.

    under clear defaults it has nova launcher and chrome.

    I am always having to click just once...all the time....

    I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....-screenshot_2014-07-16-16-16-51.jpg
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    If you select a link.. Such as to the play store... It will open a window and ask for Chrome or the play store app... If you select the play store app and say always.. It means it will always use the play store app for things of that nature.

    Once you tell something always it should always use that app unless you clear the default. Is the always option not sticking?

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    If you select a link.. Such as to the play store... It will open a window and ask for Chrome or the play store app... If you select the play store app and say always.. It means it will always use the play store app for things of that nature.

    Once you tell something always it should always use that app unless you clear the default. Is the always option not sticking?

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

    It seems like I am having to do it from time to time........shouldn't my default list be longer for someone that has had this phone for a few months?

    I had the same thing going on on my S3......someone sends me a link....asks me what i want to open it, I always click the one I want and say always.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    Thus is a known issue that is being looked at by Samsung. For some reason it cannot remember defaults.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    Thus is a known issue that is being looked at by Samsung. For some reason it cannot remember defaults.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

    Figures. They've had years to work on this.....
  6. #6  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    Actually I don't mind it for a single link, but when I use the camera and have to reset the options each time that really bothers me. The settings last only a few hours ..... ugh.!!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Figures. They've had years to work on this.....
    Yeah it is odd. I didn't even know there was a bug. On the Note 3 it functions as it should.. They should just look at their own work :P.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....-1405547918368.jpg  
    msndrstood likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: I've never understood how to use defaults or what clear defaults mean.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Yeah it is odd. I didn't even know there was a bug. On the Note 3 it functions as it should.. They should just look at their own work :P.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    See? Look how many you have and I don't have a list yet I'm always clicking "ALWAYS" to use the appropriate app I want.

Similar Threads

  1. Use the galaxy note 10 for teaching
    By Rania Chi in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 03:31 AM
  2. Trying to stop my screen from waking up when I receive a text
    By jsiddle2025 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 03:16 PM
  3. Galaxy S4 connects to wifi but no Internet (2)
    By Chase Patton in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 04:02 PM
  5. Does using Ringo app disable settings in Assist?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions