- 1 Posts
USB 3.0 Superspeed connectivity troubleshooting
Every time I plug my Galaxy S5 to my USB 3.0 port on the desktop, it says the device would transfer data faster if connected to a USB 3.0 Super speed port. Is a super speed USB 3.0 port different from USB 3.0 port or is it just different terminology? I even went ahead and bought a generic USB 3.0 'Super speed' data cable to connect the device to the computer but I still get the same notification.
- 07-16-2014, 08:09 PM #2
- 360 Posts
It's my understanding that "Super Speed" is just another name for USB 3.0. You may be getting that message because you haven't told the phone to connect as a USB 3.0 device. After you plug it into the 3.0 port, tap the new notification in the notification bar and select "Media Device (USB 3.0)". For some reason the 2.0 setting is the default and 3.0 requires the phone to (automatically) go into airplane mode.
- 07-18-2014, 10:07 AM #3
- By ughazi93 in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 13Last Post: 06-30-2015, 02:50 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-27-2015, 08:55 PM
- By Omer San Gabriel in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-17-2014, 10:04 AM
- By Chase Patton in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-16-2014, 01:42 PM