Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB 3.0 Superspeed connectivity troubleshooting

Hi there!
    Every time I plug my Galaxy S5 to my USB 3.0 port on the desktop, it says the device would transfer data faster if connected to a USB 3.0 Super speed port. Is a super speed USB 3.0 port different from USB 3.0 port or is it just different terminology? I even went ahead and bought a generic USB 3.0 'Super speed' data cable to connect the device to the computer but I still get the same notification.

Thanks!

It's my understanding that "Super Speed" is just another name for USB 3.0. You may be getting that message because you haven't told the phone to connect as a USB 3.0 device. After you plug it into the 3.0 port, tap the new notification in the notification bar and select "Media Device (USB 3.0)". For some reason the 2.0 setting is the default and 3.0 requires the phone to (automatically) go into airplane mode.

Default Re: USB 3.0 Superspeed connectivity troubleshooting

Just posted something similar to this and thought maybe it would help if you were trying to transfer something off a PC or Mac?

Thank God for Bluetooth!!