Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Airplane Mode

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol Am I able to still listen to music that I put on my SD card while in airplane mode? I don't travel a lot so I don't have any reason to use airplane mode.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    18,921 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Airplane Mode

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol Am I able to still listen to music that I put on my SD card while in airplane mode? I don't travel a lot so I don't have any reason to use airplane mode.

Airplane mode cuts off cell signals of any kind. Data, voice...all of them. You can enable airplane mode and then turn on wifi (if it is on before you activate Airplane mode wifi will get shut down too). This has no bearing on music on you internal storage.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Airplane mode cuts off cell signals of any kind. Data, voice...all of them. You can enable airplane mode and then turn on wifi (if it is on before you activate Airplane mode wifi will get shut down too). This has no bearing on music on you internal storage.
    OK. Thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post

Well, yes you can listen music saved over the SD card while you are in the Airplane mode because, Airplane mode only cuts down all the communication medium i.e. data and voice call but it doesn't cuts you down from listening music. So there is are no worries over this you can listen to music saved over the SD card while you're in Airplane mode.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by warn joe View Post
    Well, yes you can listen music saved over the SD card while you are in the Airplane mode because, Airplane mode only cuts down all the communication medium i.e. data and voice call but it doesn't cuts you down from listening music. So there is are no worries over this you can listen to music saved over the SD card while you're in Airplane mode.
    Thanks