Aggrovating

Daniel Son2

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
i can't get the message tone to stop playing unless i reply...just keeps playing when i recieve a message...its good thing i don't have a whole song as message tone are i would have to hear the whole thing before it stops...the iphone has the button on the side to stop the sound as you are receiving a message...i don't wanna cut off sounds i just wanna stop it until i can look at it...can someone tell me how i can fix this without cutting my sounds off...to much trouble to unclip my phone put in password open messages and click the message to make it stop..sometimes it still want stop...i can't hear the default tones because they are not long enough so i download a message tone but i wanna stop it with one click button when i do hear it...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not standard behavior. Whatever your message sound is (unless the sound file itself is set somehow to play on a loop), it should only play once when you get a message.

When you get the notification, have you tried swiping it away from the notification bar? You don't need to unlock your phone to do this, I'm just trying to see if this would work to stop the sound, too. Actually, standard behavior is that if you swipe down on the notification bar and SEE the notification, the sound should actually stop mid-way. Hitting the volume rocker down just once should also stop the current notification sound, but wouldn't set your phone to vibrate.

Another possibility is that you have a 3rd party messaging app installed that is actually configured to play the notification sound over and over.

Daniel Son2

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
doesn't play over and over...my old iphone the side button stop the sound...since i got this new samsung none of buttons stop it..have not try the swipe down yet..i give it a try.....more i use this phone the more it seems the side button is useless ..i never use it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!at least they could give update to use it for this reason..because when the phone is in the clip, thats the only button that u can access without unclipping the phone .....thanks for help............ if dont work i will try a new sound

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again Daniel, this is NOT standard behavior and I can tell you that the side buttons DO silence at least incoming calls (unless you're rooted and changed the side button assignment or have a 3rd party app that's taking over the volume rocker).